Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated

2 posters

Go down

Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated Empty Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated

Post by ZonedIn Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Hey

I have the same problem as this post: https://codecs.forumotion.net/t2832-mp3-files-basic-tag-information-is-not-showing-in-windows-explorer-pls-help#15396

And ive tried to edit the registry like in that post i linked. Restarted the computer and nothing worked.

And ive tried sfc /scannow and nothing worked.

I havent used any third party software except the windows "File and folder troubleshooter" i downloaded from the microsoft website, which also didnt work.

Thats all ive tried. I would include screenshots but i dont really know how...

And plus when i was editing the registry i noticed i had to make a key folder thing titled ".mp3", which i had to make then put in the code thing. So that means i didnt even have a key for ".mp3".

And im horrible in registry editing, but i used other keys as reference on how to edit this ".mp3" key.

Im using windows 8.1 Pro

ZonedIn

Back to top Go down

Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated Empty Re: Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated

Post by Admin Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Copy all this text, including empty last line, into a text file:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.mp3]
"InfoTip"="prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Music.Artist;System.Media.Duration;System.OfflineAvailability"
"ExtendedTileInfo"="prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Music.Artist;System.Media.Duration;System.OfflineAvailability"
"FullDetails"="prop:System.PropGroup.Description;System.Title;System.Media.SubTitle;System.Rating;System.Comment;System.PropGroup.Media;System.Music.Artist;System.Music.AlbumArtist;System.Music.AlbumTitle;System.Media.Year;System.Music.TrackNumber;System.Music.Genre;System.Media.Duration;System.PropGroup.Audio;System.Audio.EncodingBitrate;System.PropGroup.Origin;System.Media.Publisher;System.Media.EncodedBy;System.Media.AuthorUrl;System.Copyright;System.PropGroup.Content;System.ParentalRatingReason;System.Music.Composer;System.Music.Conductor;System.Music.ContentGroupDescription;System.Music.Mood;System.Music.PartOfSet;System.Music.InitialKey;System.Music.BeatsPerMinute;System.DRM.IsProtected;System.Music.IsCompilation;System.PropGroup.FileSystem;System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemType;System.ItemFolderPathDisplay;System.DateCreated;System.DateModified;System.Size;System.FileAttributes;System.OfflineAvailability;System.OfflineStatus;System.SharedWith;System.FileOwner;System.ComputerName"
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.Music.Artist;System.Music.AlbumTitle;System.Music.Genre;*System.Media.Duration;System.Rating;System.Media.Year;*System.Size;System.Music.TrackNumber;System.Music.AlbumArtist;System.Title;*System.Audio.EncodingBitrate;*System.DateModified;*System.OfflineAvailability;*System.OfflineStatus;*System.DateCreated;*System.SharedWith"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertyHandlers\.mp3]
@="{C120DE80-FDE4-49f5-A713-E902EF062B8A}"

Then rename the file to .reg and double-click it. Then it will import it into the Registry.

Also verify that this key exists:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{C120DE80-FDE4-49f5-A713-E902EF062B8A}

If your version of Windows does not include Windows Media Player, then you need to install this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42503

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated Empty Re: Mp3 files metadata not being shown in windows explorer.....help appreciated

Post by ZonedIn Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:48 am

I dont have this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{C120DE80-FDE4-49f5-A713-E902EF062B8A}

Edit: Im currently doing the other solutions you mentioned

ZonedIn

Back to top Go down

Post by ZonedIn Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 am

It worked. I deleted the other registry edits i did by myself and did it the way you asked to do it, then i installed the microsoft software thing and restarted then its all back. It shows all the metadata just fine in file explorer now. I cant thank you enough, took me forever to find a working solution.

But how about the missing key?
The key:

ZonedIn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:11 pm

If it works now, then no further action is needed.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum