Why Klite doesn't remeber my installation settings?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why Klite doesn't remeber  my installation settings? Empty Why Klite doesn't remeber my installation settings?

Post by stardust Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:50 am

When I install klite I make same changes(I enable OSD, Hardware acceleration...) But When the installation finishes my changes aren't remembered.Why?
I use the latest klite and the OS is 8.1

stardust

Back to top Go down

Why Klite doesn't remeber  my installation settings? Empty Re: Why Klite doesn't remeber my installation settings?

Post by Admin Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:30 am

Are you perhaps using multiple Windows user accounts? Each user has its own settings.

Two solutions for that situation:
1) Codec Tweak Tool > Reset Settings (on the other user account(s))
2) Store the settings in an INI file.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Why Klite doesn't remeber  my installation settings? Empty Re: Why Klite doesn't remeber my installation settings?

Post by stardust Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Admin wrote:Are you perhaps using multiple Windows user accounts? Each user has its own settings.

Two solutions for that situation:
1) Codec Tweak Tool > Reset Settings (on the other user account(s))
2) Store the settings in an INI file.

No. I have only one account.
Edit: In the installation I also check ''Store the settings in an INI file'' but the situation is same

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:26 am

Did you disable User Account Control? Windows can sometimes act strangely in that case.

I have no other idea why it doesn't work for you. It works fine for everybody else.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Admin wrote:Did you disable User Account Control? Windows can sometimes act strangely in that case.

I have no other idea why it doesn't work for you. It works fine for everybody else.
I disabled UAC and it's the same. I also disabled Windows defender. The Windows is Windows 8.1 and yesterday I installed made a reinstall.
I will try at my uncles pc which also has Windows 8.1

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:47 pm

stardust wrote:
Admin wrote:Did you disable User Account Control? Windows can sometimes act strangely in that case.

I disabled UAC and it's the same. I also disabled Windows defender. The Windows is Windows 8.1 and yesterday I installed made a reinstall.
I will try at my uncles pc which also has Windows 8.1
EDIT: the situation is also the same at my uncles pc

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:09 pm

You don't need to disable UAC. I actually meant that having it disabled can be bad (in rare cases).

The OSD setting is a bug in the installer (which will be fixed). But other settings should apply correctly. Which hardware acceleration settings did you choose?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Admin wrote:You don't need to disable UAC. I actually meant that having it disabled can be bad (in rare cases).

The OSD setting is a bug in the installer (which will be fixed). But other settings should apply correctly. Which hardware acceleration settings did you choose?
DXVA2(native) and I aslo tried Nvidia. I also choose use only hardware acceleration in mpc-hc

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:17 pm

That setting is working correctly here. What exactly is incorrect?

Correct is:
MPC-HC options > Internal Filters > H.264/AVC should be checked
MPC-HC options > Internal Filters > Video Decoder > DXVA2 native should be selected

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Admin wrote:That setting is working correctly here. What exactly is incorrect?

Correct is:
MPC-HC options > Internal Filters > H.264/AVC should be checked
MPC-HC options > Internal Filters > Video Decoder > DXVA2 native should be selected
This settings work when I manually set them after installation but why they don't work when i choose the in the installation. Which windows do you use?
the problem is when i choose DXVA2 native in the installation file of k lite after the installation when i open mpc-hc this setting isn't remembered(Gpu acceleration is turned off)

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 pm

The problem with the settings happens only when i use expert mode. In the normal mode everythings works fine

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:45 pm

One more question. Can I use this madvr settings on my pc for playing 720p/1080p in madvr setting i made following: at devices i choose digital monitor, at processing i left everything at default, at chroma upscaling i set jinc 3 taps with AR, image doubling i only checked all, at image upscaling i also chose jinc 3 taps wit AR and at image downscaling i left catmull-rom and turned on AR and LL. I rendering i unticked enabled automatic fullscreen exclusive mode. Are this settings good?
My pc spec are:
my pc is: CPU: FX 8320
CPU Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS10X OPTIMA
MBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
RAM: TRANSCEND 2X4 GB 1600 MHZ (8GB)
HDD: WD BLUE 1TB SATA 3
GPU: MSI GTX 760 2GB TF IV GAMING OC
PSU: FORTRON FSP RAIDER 550W 80+ SILVER
CASE: ZALMAN Z3 PLUS ATX USB 3.0

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:44 pm

I am unable to reproduce the settings issue on 8.1. The Windows version and install mode should not matter.

Press Ctrl+J to activate the madVR statistics overlay. There you can see if you have any dropped frames or glitches. The rendering time gives an indication of the performance. To watch 24fps video, the average should stay below 1000/24= ~41 ms to get good playback. For 30 fps it should stay below 33ms.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Jinc should be no problem for your card. Chroma upscaling is much less important for quality than luma. So you could possibly use a lower setting for that.

NNEDI image doubling can be quite heavy. So that is why you should check rendertimes with Ctrl+J.

It is not really possible to suggest optimal settings, because visual quality is very subjective.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Here is the picture of playing a 720p video. Is everything fine? I will post also picture of 1080p
http://postimg.org/image/iyun3vexf/
you don't know what makes problem in expert mode

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:45 am

stardust wrote:Here is the picture of playing a 720p video. Is everything fine? I will post also picture of 1080p
http://postimg.org/image/iyun3vexf/
you don't know what makes problem in expert mode
and 1080p(after playing the video for 25 min)
http://postimg.org/image/n8so4oay1/

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Rendering times are good.

One change that you could make is to set the refreshrate of your screen to 59 Hz (which actually is 59.970 Hz). Then playback will be a bit smoother.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:05 am

Have you figured why the problem happens in expert mode and why ninite doesn't properly install klite

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:58 pm

There is no difference with regard to the hardware acceleration settings between Normal and Expert mode.

I have never used Ninite. What does it do wrong?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Admin wrote:There is no difference with regard to the hardware acceleration settings between Normal and Expert mode.

I have never used Ninite. What does it do wrong?
Here @pavicjos77 explained

https://codecs.forumotion.net/t1703-klite-from-ninite-videoframe-menu-grayed-out

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:43 pm

When will you have time so we could connect over TeamViewer so you see that I'm not saying lies. If you want

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:08 pm

That video frame menu is greyed out depending on which renderer is used. It is for example disabled when using "Enhanced Video Renderer". It should be enabled when using the default renderer, which is "Enhanced Video Renderer (Custom Presenter)" on Windows 8.1.

You can change the renderer in: MPC-HC Options > Playback > Output

Hopefully all your problems will be solved in next version of the pack. If not, let me know and we can dig deeper.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 pm

When the next version will be released? And for the Ninite problem your solution has worked. Thanks. I also send a email to Ninite and explained them the problem

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 01, 2015 2:08 pm

I have tried the Ninite installer and noticed two things that they are doing wrong.

1) They seem to be overriding the video renderer. If I use the exact same unattended script as they do, then the correct one is used. So they must be manually changing the settings in the Registry after the installation has completed.
2) They seem to be manually creating a desktop shortcut for Media Player Classic. The K-Lite uninstaller obviously won't remove that (since it did not create it). There is an option in the installer for creating such a shortcut. They should use that. Then it will also be removed properly. Their shortcut will probably also be incorrect on systems with NVIDIA Optimus, in which case the executable of MPC-HC may be given a different filename.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Fri May 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Admin wrote:I have tried the Ninite installer and noticed two things that they are doing wrong.

1) They seem to be overriding the video renderer. If I use the exact same unattended script as they do, then the correct one is used. So they must be manually changing the settings in the Registry after the installation has completed.
2) They seem to be manually creating a desktop shortcut for Media Player Classic. The K-Lite uninstaller obviously won't remove that (since it did not create it). There is an option in the installer for creating such a shortcut. They should use that. Then it will also be removed properly. Their shortcut will probably also be incorrect on systems with NVIDIA Optimus, in which case the executable of MPC-HC may be given a different filename.

I sent your post to Ninite.

stardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum