New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega

2 posters

Go down

New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega Empty New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega

Post by BobWhite Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:57 pm

Starting with the new release, K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega 64bit, I no longer can control the playback volume with recorded videos in .ts format. The video plays flawlessly, and there is sound at an acceptable level, however the mute button does not work, and adjusting the volume slider has no effect on sound level.
I have used Media Player Classic - Home Cinema for years and this is the first time having this issue.
I reinstalled K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1811_Mega (which never had any issues ) and now it has the same problems. So, I reinstalled K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega, for the updates obviously.
If I convert the .ts format file to .avi it works flawlessly.

Is there some tweak in options or elsewhere that I can make to fix this. I tried several changes, that obviously did not fix it. Or are there some software file/s that need to be changed. I do have some computer skills, but not expert level.

Thank you,
Bob

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega Empty Re: New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega

Post by Admin Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:41 pm

I suspect you enabled bitstreaming/passthrough to your receiver. In that case audio is decoded by the receiver and only the receiver can adjust volume.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega Empty Re: New problem with .ts format files no - volume control with K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1848_Mega

Post by BobWhite Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:26 pm

Not using a receiver.
Capturing from over the air antenna with video capture card in my computer, saved to hard drive. Never had this problem before.

Thanks,
Bob

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:49 pm

Copy filters list:
Menu > Play > Filters

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BobWhite Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:53 pm

Filters currently loaded:
- SaneAR Audio Renderer
- MPC Video Renderer
- Audio Switcher
- LAV Video Decoder (internal)
- LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
- LAV Splitter Source (internal)

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:32 pm

That looks normal.

Can you capture a short video for me? Then I can test on my computer.

You can upload to https://www.sendspace.com or any other file hoster.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BobWhite Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:09 am

What email address, etc. do I use

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:08 am

You can just copy the link it generates it here. Or click on MP button below my username to send a private message.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:33 am

No issue with volume here.

Menu > Play > Filters > click on LAV Audio Decoder

Verify that all bitstreaming formats are unchecked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BobWhite Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:14 am

Inside; Option/Internal filters/Audio decoder/Properties/Audio Settings/Bitstreaming;

unchecked the following:
Dolby (AC-3) and DTS the only two checked
hit Apply etc.
Did not change.

Are there others?
Bob

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by BobWhite Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:02 am

Thank you,
It is working right now.
I don't know why it wasn't working right before, but it is now.

Thanks again,
Bob

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by BobWhite Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:34 am

I ran some tests.
when DTS is checked, no problem.
Only when Dolby AC-3 is checked the problem reappears.

Bob

BobWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:09 pm

That is because the file contains AC3.

I already explained why volume control does not work when using bitstreaming. You say you don't use a receiver. But you enabled bitstreaming anyway.

The solution is simple: DO NOT FUCKING ENABLE BITSTREAMING !!!!!

And also do not touch any other settings that you do not understand.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum