Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video

2 posters

Go down

Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video Empty Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video

Post by wh116 Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:35 pm

Recently I was using a software that has a built-in video player. According to the author, it should use WMP. But I found that it was very slow when playing 4k hevc videos. I tried to play it with WMP legecy on my computer, and it also stuttered. After studying some posts on the forum, I think it should be that WMP forced to use the media foundation decoder. I disabled the 64-bit media foundation mp4 decoding in the codec tweak tool and found that the problem could be solved, but other programs or games would report errors, which should be the use of the 64-bit media foundation mp4 decoding.

I have a few questions:
1. Is this software with built-in WMP the only way to solve the playback problem? Is there any other way without disabling the media foundation mp4 decoding?
2. The configuration of my computer is win11+amd ryzen5 5500+intel Arc A770. In theory, the performance will not have the problem of 4k hevc playback stuttering. The win11 new media player and movie and TV applications have no problem playing 4k. . My other low-configuration laptop (Ryzen 3500U + integrated graphics) can also play 4K videos smoothly (with the same software having built-in wmp). Is it a compatibility issue between Media Foundation and the hardware or the old WMP? (For example, compatibility issues with Intel graphics cards)

Thank you!

wh116

Back to top Go down

Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video Empty Re: Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video

Post by Admin Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Yo can also rename the file extension from .mp4 to .video to bypass Media Foundation.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video Empty Re: Internal video player using WMP can't play 4k hevc video

Post by wh116 Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Thank you for reply. This software with built-in video player only recognize .mp4/.mkv/.avi, If I change the file extension to .video then it cannot find the files. Crying or Very sad

wh116

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Then you need to ask the maker of that software to add support for more extensions.

Or better yet, ask them to stop using the old WMP activex control, and switch to DirectShow. There is plenty of example code to be found online. And if that is too difficult they can use MCI interface which is super easy to implement, and also uses DirectShow.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum