Subtitle track wont change unless done manually

2 posters

Go down

Subtitle track wont change unless done manually Empty Subtitle track wont change unless done manually

Post by Bongert Tue May 28, 2024 8:57 pm

I have a bunch of files with the wrong default subtitle track selected.
For that purpose I'm using a little script that uses MKVPropedit to do a batch operation of all files in a folder and change its default or even forced subtitle track.
Only problem is that MKV-HC doesnt care about this change. It shows the [Default, Forced] tags on the corresponding subtitle tracks but it still picks the (auto) track.
When i inspect the File in MKVToolNix it properly recognizes the default and forced flags.
I can even do it manually in MKVToolNix and it still won't work.
Sometimes in the past the script worked just fine, but the last couple times i tried using it it just didn't work, though the script obviously does work. It's clearly setting the flags were I want them to, but the video player doesn't care.

I only really want a way to automatically change the subtitle and/or audio track for a bunch of files at once. There are obviously the language tags, but they are for one very unreliable, because i have to trust whoever is making the release to properly tag them to begin with. And even then, the "Forced Subtitles (auto)" track is still being selected.
I couldn't find anything in the settings regarding this (auto) flag either. I have no idea what it means and how to deal with it.

I could obviously change the subtitles manually every time i open a new video, but who wants to do that?

Bongert

Back to top Go down

Subtitle track wont change unless done manually Empty Re: Subtitle track wont change unless done manually

Post by Admin Tue May 28, 2024 10:35 pm

Options > Internal Filters > Splitter

There you can find language based rule settings for selecting the subtitle track. If you make a screenshot of those settings, and the list in subtitle menu, then I can suggest better settings. Using "Default" selection mode instead of "Advanced" will probably do what you want as well.

There also is an option to disable that (auto) track completely. It is created from another PGS track and contains a subset of only the forced subtitles.

There should be no reason to assume that language is wrongly tagged. That is usually set automatically when ripping the content.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Subtitle track wont change unless done manually Empty Re: Subtitle track wont change unless done manually

Post by Bongert Wed May 29, 2024 5:07 pm

Setting it to default did the trick. But to my defense, that menu is kinda hidden away. didnt think to look into the "splitters" submenu, which isnt listed in the tree branch panel on the side. Thanks.

Bongert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum