Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos

2 posters

Go down

Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos   Empty Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos

Post by Rumzeiss Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Hi all,
Please, help me find a solution to the problem. I am watching Dolby Atmos movies with Atmos supporting soundbar JBL BAR300 5.0, directly connected to TV through eARC. I am using MPC-HC and K-lite Standard. In every movie the vocals/voices sound is too quiet compared to the sound effects and i always have to use the up and down volume buttons of the remote control, which is very annoying. in TV audio settings digital audio is set to Passthrough, in K-lite audio options - Bitstreaming with HDMI and Output - same as input. Please, explain how to boost the speech (central channel) without turning too much up the volume.
Thank you in advance !

Last edited by Rumzeiss on Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rumzeiss

Back to top Go down

Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos   Empty Re: Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos

Post by Admin Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm

When bitstreaming, the decoding/mixing/volume control is all handled by your receiver/soundbar. So if the soundbar does not offer any options, then all I can suggest is to disable bitstreaming.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos   Empty Re: Too quiet voices/vocals in movies with Dolby Atmos

Post by Admin Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 pm

Options for boosting center or doing range compression are sometimes called "night mode" or something similar.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumzeiss Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, when bitstreaming is disabled, Atmos audio changes to regular multichannel surround. In that way the problem with different volume levels will be solved. My soundbar does not have the night mode function, although it would not help in my case.

Rumzeiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum