Many videos sound way too loud...

2 posters

Go down

Many videos sound way too loud...  Empty Many videos sound way too loud...

Post by Led Hendriani Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm

SOLUTION!!! SOLUTION!!! SOLUTION!!! Below

...it bypasses my computer volume. I have to turn computer volume to zero, since if set to volume of 2 it blasts whatever the volume i have set with the tv remote. Once I hit volume 2, if I keep turning the volume up it changes nothing. The files are mostly concert videos, but also some movies. I am thinking that maybe it is just the way the files were originally saved by others, but either way I am hoping that I can change some settings and remedy the problem.  Problem is not on all files... it is hit or miss on which are affected...

This has been happening for the past 2-3 years with all updates to K-Lite!

I am running Windows 10. I use jetAudio primarily for all audio and video, but also with MPC-HC. (I don't even load Windows Media Player on any computer for the last 20 plus years.)

When I want more volume and bass, I also will use my Phillips surround sound dvd player (which is over 20 years old but still works great!) If one of these files is played then i either have to quickly turn down computer volume, or find both remotes and turn down tv volume and surround player volume since i turn both up yet keep the computer volume as master so when the better songs come on I can really turn it up!

Yesterday I added some speakers separately to the system by using the line out function on the surround player. When I played one of these type of files, it blasted the sound at the full volume I had set both remotes on until I turned off the amplifier I hooked up to the 2 additional speakers. Turning down the remotes did nothing until i turned off that amplifier...

An example: The file that I am playing right now is a vob.
720x480
Data rate 8200kbps
Total rate 8648kbps
29.97 frames/second  
Audio:
Bit Rate 448kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate 48.000 kHz

The only Effect I am using on jetAudio is "Wide", and toggling it off or on makes no difference.
Computer:
Volume Mixer changes makes no difference.
No Enhancements enabled
No Spatial sound enabled

SOLUTION!!! SOLUTION!!! SOLUTION!!!

In Properties for my Default Device, under Advanced, I turned off "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
This also remedied the line out added amplifier issue!@ Cool

I would think that this should be saved for if the issue comes up for someone else, but understand if you want to not post it Smile

Last edited by Led Hendriani on Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solution!)

Led Hendriani

Back to top Go down

Many videos sound way too loud...  Empty Re: Many videos sound way too loud...

Post by Admin Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

The real solution is to disable bitstreaming (aka passthrough). Because when you send compressed audio to your receiver, then the receiver becomes responsible for decoding and audio processing. And you can only adjust volume after decoding. So it is only logical that PC can not control volume in that situation.

Disabling exclusive mode will indirectly disable bitstreaming.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum