hevc installed but not working

2 posters

Go down

hevc installed but not working Empty hevc installed but not working

Post by CanonShooter Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:11 pm

I make videos with my Canon R5 and I switched from normal videos to raw videos and whenever you do that this camera generates files that are in HEVC codec and then I realized okay I don't have that installed on my computer and I bought the official codec from the Microsoft Store and that did not work and then I tried to get it work with K-Lite codec pack and that also didn't work and then I tried to download some codecs that I found in video tutorials on YouTube and all that doesn't work. I don't know it gets installed it says it's okay but when I tried to play a video in Windows Media Player I get an error and I can't import videos in Premiere Pro because it says that the codec is missing. (0xc00d3e8c error)

CanonShooter

Back to top Go down

hevc installed but not working Empty Re: hevc installed but not working

Post by Admin Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 am

Use the Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) that is included with K-Lite.

WMP does not support raw video. And is a terrible player.

You can try muxing the raw video into MKV container format. That should improve player compatibility. You can use MkvToolNix application for that.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CanonShooter Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:44 am

Hello and thank you for your answer. The thing is I would need that codec for video editing in Premiere Pro. Without that codec I can't directly edit HEVC videos and I have to convert them with the program Handbrake and I would really like to not do that step and edit them directly in Premiere Pro. I can play back videos with VLC player so that's not a problem for me but I need the codec for my video editing program. Do you have any solutions for me? Because it's installed on my PC but not showing up.

CanonShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:26 pm

If it is a raw stream you need to mux it into a container (MP4 or MKV). Premiere likely also doesn't support raw streams. Muxing is just putting a wrapper around it. It isn't converting.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:38 pm

Premiere uses Media Foundation codecs. Which you have already installed through the store. Installing additional codecs of different types will not solve your problem.

Error 0xc00d3e8c means invalid media format. Meaning it does not support the type of file you are playing. So that is why I am suggesting to remux.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum