Screen PC go not to sleep during a video

3 posters

Go down

Screen PC go not to sleep during a video Empty Screen PC go not to sleep during a video

Post by Christof Tue May 02, 2023 2:17 am

Bonjour
How to make the screen go to sleep during a video with Media Player Classic Windows)
it is possible whit VLC
Merci
Christof

Christof

Back to top Go down

Screen PC go not to sleep during a video Empty Re: Screen PC go not to sleep during a video

Post by Admin Tue May 02, 2023 2:22 pm

The player does not have such option.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Screen PC go not to sleep during a video Empty Re: Screen PC go not to sleep during a video

Post by AkiraLeir Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:36 pm

I'd like to chime in and reformulate the question with one of my own, since I think it'd be a waste to make a new thread for something this closely related: Is there any way to disable MPC-HC from keeping the system awake? As it is, I can't make use of the option to turn off the monitor by pressing the computer's power button because MPC-HC instantly turns it back on. I have to use this setting because my monitor is very buggy and tend to not turn on properly when I turn it off with its physical button.

AkiraLeir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:19 am

Assuming you are talking about a laptop, many have a function key at top row of keyboard to physically turn off the screen.

Pausing the video will also allow the screen to stay off when using the Windows turn off function.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiraLeir Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:54 am

Admin wrote:Assuming you are talking about a laptop, many have a function key at top row of keyboard to physically turn off the screen.

Pausing the video will also allow the screen to stay off when using the Windows turn off function.

It's a desktop. Is there any kind of technical impediment/issue that compels MPC-HC('s developers) to force the system to stay awake whenever it's playing something (and not offering an option to enable/disable that)? Usually it's the other way around, like in torrent clients, where you can choose whether or not the system can stay awake while a torrent is active. I'm trying not to say "sleep" because that's not really what I'm referring to, it's just the monitor that needs to stay off, not the whole system.

EDIT: After looking it up a bit further, I came across this command "powercfg -requestsoverride PROCESS mpc-hc.exe awaymode display system", but MPC-HC simply ignores it and keeps turning the monitor back on, so I've run out of ideas.

Last edited by AkiraLeir on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : research)

AkiraLeir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:35 am

There is a button on your monitor to turn it off.
Windows does not turn it off. It puts it in sleep mode.

The player prevents screensaver and sleep mode.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:08 pm

17.9.6 has new advanced option PreventDisplaySleep that you can turn off

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiraLeir Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:14 am

Thank you very much, it works flawlessly. I was afraid it would cause issues since I've read an old bug on the github about playback not coming back from sleep properly, black screen or something, with AMD cards, but I guess that's no longer the case. Granted I don't use GPU acceleration, so I can't be 100% sure, but I don't like DXVA so I'm going to just be thankful for being listened to.

AkiraLeir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:21 pm

That is a driver issue with hibernate, not with screen sleep.

The option ReloadAfterLongPause option is used to avoid hibernate problems.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum