Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player.

4 posters

Go down

Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player. Empty Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player.

Post by OzDrDj Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:23 am

Just a thought, as I am SICK AND TIRED of Windows changing my video player from Media Player Classic, to Windows Movie Player. Could we please have an option in the Tweak tool to reverse Microsofts Descison to change everything. Or Even better a desktop Shortcut, One tap, BANG, everything back to how we like it. Tried a few things like the old stop resetting my apps, but nothing works right. Thanks In Advance.
OzDrDj
OzDrDj

Back to top Go down

Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player. Empty Re: Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player.

Post by mooms Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:07 am

I never had Windows doing that.

mooms

Back to top Go down

Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player. Empty Re: Feature Request Please. Stop Changing my Video Player.

Post by Admin Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:22 pm

You must have some other software installed that is setting its file associations in a wrong way. That can trigger Windows to reset everything.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OzDrDj Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:51 am

Happens Every week, obviously after windows updates. Seriously, It cant just be me.
OzDrDj
OzDrDj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:03 pm

Which other applications are being reset? One of those might be the cause.

You can use this tool to quickly change/restore the associations with a batch script:
https://kolbi.cz/blog/2017/10/25/setuserfta-userchoice-hash-defeated-set-file-type-associations-per-user/

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OzDrDj Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:23 am

As for other things, Im not really sure, I only notice the video and audio aspect. I just go to open a video and that stupid Windows movie player opens, Right click, open with, make this filetype use this everytime, Media Player Classic, OK. A Week later I'll notice, its back to Windows Movie Player. Im also noticing that File Refresh is not happening, any filename change I have to manually refresh. I also run AVG antivirus and Malwarebytes so it shouldnt be a virus. I might just be due for a fresh windows install, scary scary. Ill try that Tool, although it looks a bit tricky, batch scripts and the like, a long time since I used dos commands, again, stupid windows. anyhow, thanks for your help. I still think though, once you set all your preferences in KLite, and your happy, a one button preference refresh in the tweak tool would be a great addition. Cheers
OzDrDj
OzDrDj

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberloner Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:06 am

OzDrDj wrote:Happens Every week, obviously after windows updates. Seriously, It cant just be me.

windows update is known to screw everything... disable it..

cyberloner

Back to top Go down

Post by mooms Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:09 pm

That's a bad advice. WU did not change video association here, and never did.

mooms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum