Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv

2 posters

Go down

Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv Empty Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv

Post by spiegela Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:22 pm

I have a few videos that will not play on my Samsung Smart TV. I have K Lite Codec Pack install on my computer and I don't know how to use this program to fix the Codec problem.

I would appreciate any help that someone can give me on this problem

spiegela

Back to top Go down

Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv Empty Re: Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv

Post by Admin Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:03 pm

The codecs on your computer do not have any effect on the internal player of your TV.

Here is a good free converter tool:
https://handbrake.fr/

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv Empty Re: Video will not play on Samsung Smart Tv

Post by spiegela Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:25 pm

First of all I do not use the internet to play any movies on my Samsung Smart TV, I put the video on a USB Flash drive and plug it into my usb port on my Smart TV. I only play movies in the format of MP4 and MKV. These normally play, but some times I am have trouble with MKV movies and the error I receive is not supported. I am assuming this is a codec problem because I can play about 95% of all MKV movie formats with no trouble. When I receive the 'not supported' error I immediately try to play it on my computer and I have no problems watching it on my computer.

Any other suggestions?

spiegela

Back to top Go down

Post by spiegela Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:30 pm

Here is some information I found: If the MKV file is not playing on Samsung TV, the reason may be the incompatible codec issue.

spiegela

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:13 am

The error means that the file contains an audio or video format that is not supported by your TV.

Installing codecs on your computer does not solve that. The computer has no effect on the capabilities of the TV.

You can use the MediaInfo tool that is included in the codec pack to see details about your files. It will show what kind of formats are used by the file. You can see in the manual of your TV which formats it supports. I suspect that your failing files contains HEVC/H265 video and that your TV does not support that.

You can convert the incompatible files. For example to MP4 files with H264 video and AAC audio. That should be supported by your TV.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum