the black bar shuffle

2 posters

Go down

the black bar shuffle  Empty the black bar shuffle

Post by wonko Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:38 am

first and foremost a massive thanks to everyone involved in this excessively impressive project , i recall the days of yore when it was a constant battle to keep a variety of codecs up to date and figure out what was conflicting with what or needed to play what and would i work with what player ... this is so elegant + user friendly + logical , almost makes me think humans had no involvement at all Smile

having said that im having some issues with media player classic home cinema lately

MPC-HC (Nightly, 64-bit)
------------------------

Build information:
Version: 1.9.23.16 (bb9223e0c)
Compiler: MSVC v19.29.30145
Build date: Oct 27 2022

LAV Filters:
LAV Splitter: 0.76.1.30
LAV Video: 0.76.1.30
LAV Audio: 0.76.1.30
FFmpeg compiler: MinGW-w64 GCC 12.2.0

Operating system:
Name: Windows 10 (Build 21H2)
Version: 10.0.19044 (64-bit)

Hardware:
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series (driver version: 31.0.12029.4013)

there some stats and the codec pack version is 17.25 + 17.27 updates ...and the last one i did a fresh install in hopes of correcting the issue and ive done a basic search of FAQ and forums but no luck

the issue is thus , on some files , anything from old school 4:3 to 16:9 widescreen from this year ...so i dont think its codec related as such ...and also because it doesnt happen in VLC (although i do prefer MPC-HC to VLC for usability) ...during playback the black bars at the side of the video will jump between sizes ...doesnt affect the actual video , as in the actual video doesnt stretch or distort at all , its just the black bars are wider then shorter then inbetween and then they will settle for a while and then it happens again ...seems so random and while doesnt affect actual footage being watched i feel like im about to have a seizure sometimes ...and just so weird that only happens in MPC and not in VLC so i dont think its the file and ive never had it happen in MPC prior to about a month or so ago (although might have been a week or 6 months i struggle with the human concept + construct of "time"

so yeah there it is , my very latest 1st world problem and just like most of humanity id like someone else to fix it for me please ...mostly because im too daft and old ...i do kinda know my way around and ive perused all possible settings and before latest fresh install to reset all settings i had played around with most of them but nothing made the change in black bar size (only on side bars never on top bars) stop occurring

thanks very much for any assistance super brainy internet sleuths and wish you all much life love and laughter for all your days Smile

wonko

Back to top Go down

the black bar shuffle  Empty Re: the black bar shuffle

Post by Admin Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:21 pm

Perhaps you are using MadVR and enabled black bar detection in its options? That can crop away black bars dynamically.

That is the only thing I can think about that might cause this.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wonko Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:44 am

thanks ..although from some quick searching i dont think i have MadVR as it looks like something you need to install separately ...so unless it came with mpc-hc or the codec pack ...and even if it did i dont recall seeing any setting for black bar detection let alone changing it .... might be TV or something in the radeon options or something ...thanks anyway Smile and hope todays a great one for you Smile

wonko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum