Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ?

2 posters

Go down

Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ? Empty Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ?

Post by phone guy Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:48 am

I have a Samsung QLED and does not have DV. Is it possible to play DV content as HDR/10 on displays that do not have DV?
Currently if I play DV content it looks all weird, and I didn't know if there was a way to convert it to HDR10 which the Samsung does support. Just curious.

phone guy

Back to top Go down

Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ? Empty Re: Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ?

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:27 pm

Dolby Vision is not yet supported at all at this moment.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ? Empty Re: Can Dolby Vision be converted to HDR/10 on the fly if TV does not have DV ?

Post by phone guy Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:11 am

Oh really? So if I had a Dolby vision TV we can not pass that data to the screen for it to play? Like we are passing hdr currently?

phone guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:17 am

No.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phone guy Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:35 am

How are people getting files with DV encoded and playing them? I'm able to play hdr\10 with passthru (I can't tell the difference between hdr or hdr10)

So all those dolby vision files can't be played in DV? Wow.... Is it the codec pack? Surely there is a way?

Sorry for the questions, that answer blew my mind... I almost bought the Sony TV in no small part because it had Dolby vision, but I had some rebate credit with Samsung after buying my phone so I bought Samsung no DV only HDR10... No box? No built-in app? Shocking

phone guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:10 pm

My advice would be to stick to HDR10 content.

You can passthrough DV with licensed devices such as the NVIDIA shield. Or on laptops that are DV capable with Microsoft player and DV plugin from app store.

MPV player has partial support for tonemapping DV.

I can not provide any further help.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum