mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer

2 posters

Go down

mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer Empty mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer

Post by OPTIMUS Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:34 am

hey guys
im using a physical mixer knob which controls windows audio mixer

-i want the mpc volume % be same as the windows volume mixer% Cool
now its like changing the windows volume mixer sets the max vol allowed by mpc not the live %

the only way i can live sync both % is setting audio renderer in mpc to my headset name ,internal renderer and system default don't work.
i can post a video to demonstrate it better

thanks Smile

OPTIMUS

Back to top Go down

mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer Empty Re: mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer

Post by Admin Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:38 pm

It is normal that applications have independent volume levels. So it is not a bug or flaw.

The only way to sync volume level with system volume is to use a WaveOut based audio renderer.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer Empty Re: mpc volume % sync with windows volume mixer

Post by OPTIMUS Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:49 am

Admin wrote:The only way to sync volume level with system volume is to use a WaveOut based audio renderer.

well it wasn't like this in older versions
(you're right should've posted in general or suggestion)

what is WaveOut ? cyclops , as i said i can kinda get the sync but then the video speed is stuck to 100% and cant be increased

and also another thing , this one is kinda flaw
the seek bar preview used to be insta showing the thumbnail . now adays its so slow in loading and inaccurate
i love seek bar preview option , but its not working smoothly

thanks for answering farao

OPTIMUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:52 pm

Audio has been working this way forever. Windows has different APIs for interacting with the audio device: WASAPI, DirectSound, and WaveOut.

WaveOut is old and that is the only one where: app volume = system volume

With the others the app volume does not modify system volume. The volume range in the player is relative to the system volume. So system at 80% and MPC at 75% means 0.80x0.75=0.60

Thumbnail is still working same and still working properly. The speed at which it loads depends on the file. It only shows thumbnail of keyframes, so a bad file with a huge keyframe interval will be more "inaccurate". That is fault of the creator of the video.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OPTIMUS Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Thumbnail is still working same and still working properly. The speed at which it loads depends on the file. It only shows thumbnail of keyframes, so a bad file with a huge keyframe interval will be more "inaccurate". That is fault of the creator of the video.
"That is fault of the creator of the video" hmmm how is it that youtube has perfect thumbnail video always ?

OPTIMUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:59 pm

Seeking to a non-keyframe is slower and inefficient, so choice was made to not do that for thumbnails.

Youtube also does not show a distinct thumbnail for every single frame in a video. Plus it uses pre-decoded images for thumbnails instead of doing it in realtime.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum