Questions about LAV decoder

3 posters

Go down

Questions about LAV decoder Empty Questions about LAV decoder

Post by qzydustin Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:06 am

Why we need 2 LAV decoder? One is MPC-HC build in. One is included in the pack.

They are the same version.

And which one will the MPC-HC use?

Thank you

qzydustin

Back to top Go down

Questions about LAV decoder Empty Re: Questions about LAV decoder

Post by Admin Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:46 pm

There aren't two decoders. The pack uses just one copy of LAV Filters which is used both as "external" (for all players) and as "internal" for MPC-HC.

The only thing that is separate is the settings. Internal and external instance each have their own distinct location for the settings. This allows to use different settings specifically for MPC-HC.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pneumatic Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:18 am

I was just going to ask the same question, as I got tricked into thinking my modifications to LAV Video decoder settings in MPC-HC were going to apply to videos, but they weren't, and I couldn't figure out what was going on (I was doing some power consumption tests to see whether hardware accelerated decoding used less power). Luckily I spotted that [H/W] was not present in MPC-HC statusbar which tipped me off that my LAV Video decoder settings did not get applied.

To make MPC-HC use its internal version of LAV Video & Audio decoder in MPC-HC settings > Internal Filters, click all checkboxes in the right column labelled "Transform Filters". Although as Admin has mentioned, it shouldn't be any different from the external one, but I find it more convenient as you don't have to play a video file to access the settings through the tray icon.

pneumatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:44 pm

That should already have been enabled by default by the installer.

If you have multiple user accounts on your PC, then you can use the Codec Tweak Tool to "reset" the settings on the non-admin accounts. That will apply the settings chosen during installation.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pneumatic Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:57 am

Thanks, I guess some configuration file must have got screwed up somewhere.

I have no memory of manually unticking all the checkboxes in MPC-HC's transform filters.

All I can think of is that prior to getting k-lite I already had MPC-HC installed (which I uninstalled via its uninstaller prior to installing k-lite) but maybe it left some configuration file behind which somehow ended up getting used.

pneumatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:20 pm

Currently on the formats for which hardware acceleration is enabled are enabled by default. For everything else it just uses the external decoder.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum