Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7?

2 posters

Go down

Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7? Empty Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7?

Post by OldCodecGuy Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 am

I ask because I play a lot of games and some older ones require the above two and because I believe K-Lite does have support for ffdshow and QuickTime formats.

OldCodecGuy

Back to top Go down

Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7? Empty Re: Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7?

Post by Admin Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Those are not QuickTime formats, and are also unrelated to ffdshow (which is an obsolete decoder).

K-Lite can play those audio formats, but only in players that use DirectShow codecs.

Those old games probably require ACM codecs. That is a different type of codec. You will have to install them manually. The required files are often included on the installation CD of the game. Otherwise plenty of sites to find it online.

Assuming you have a 64-bit version of Windows:
1) Put tssoft32.acm and tsd32.dll in c:\windows\syswow64 (this is the 32-bit system folder)
2) Open registry editor (regedit.exe)
3) Go to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
4) Create new entry: msacm.trspch = tssoft32.acm

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7? Empty Re: Can K-Lite play files that require DSP Group TrueSpeech codec (tsd32.dll) and Windows Media Source Filter/WMA codec v1.7?

Post by OldCodecGuy Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 pm

Thank you, I was not aware of the change between codec types. I think I should clarify some parts of my question though. I mentioned ffdshow because it was once recommended by the Tomb Raider community to play their 1080p upscaled cutscenes for TR 1-6 (not the same games as the ones that require the source filter or TrueSpeech), but they now recommend your K-Lite pack (matter of fact, you can thank them for introducing you to me). And for QuickTime, I only mentioned it as in "can K-Lite play these other formats the same way it can play play QuickTime formats?" However, if ACM codecs is what I need I'll just go ahead and install them.
I am a bit curious now how games as old as TR 1-6 (1996-2003) are able to make use of K-Lite's codecs. They have an API hook called Peixoto, though I don't believe it changes how they read movie files.

OldCodecGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:33 pm

ffdshow is obsolete an has been replaced with LAV Filters. That is a set of DirectShow filters that K-Lite uses to playback almost everything.

DirectShow exists since Windows 98. TrueSpeech codec was included with Windows XP, but removed in later version.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum