How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec?

2 posters

Go down

How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec? Empty How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec?

Post by gabriel0 Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Hello.
I have more complex problem than just get the sound from codec, but i think this will be the best solution.
I need to catch sound from any program that can decode AAC and send it to any output for example speakers.

I'm using win7 and playing vrchat. This game use unity and VRC_SyncVideoStream which use Media foundation codecs. Nobody know where is the problem, some guys say that Media Foundation on win7 dont have needed updates or anything other, but video works, i just can't hear any sound.
So i changed codec to LAV audio. I can see on it that sound bars work there, . In game still no sound. I tried FFDshow audio. Still the same.
How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec? Unknow10

Thousands of random set ups of codecs change nothing. Thats why my question is, how to get sound directly from Codec?

gabriel0

Back to top Go down

How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec? Empty Re: How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec?

Post by Admin Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm

This is not a problem with the codecs, those are obviously working.

You say the game uses Media Foundation. But LAV and ffdshow are DirectShow filters. So I am confused.

The problem is likely with the audio renderer that the game uses. I know nothing about VRC_SyncVideoStream.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec? Empty Re: How to get sound direct from LAV audio or FFD show codec?

Post by gabriel0 Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

I know nothing too about all this things. So thats why my question is how to get sound directly from codec.

gabriel0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:30 pm

The output of the decoder goes into the audio renderer, which sends it to the audio driver, which sends it to the audio device. This is how it works and it can not be changed.

You need to ask the makers of the game for help. It may be using the wrong audio device for output. Check in your Windows Sound settings if "Speakers" is selected as the default device.

This is not a codec problem.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum