AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow?

2 posters

Go down

AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow? Empty AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow?

Post by We87 Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:01 am

Okay so I have latest klite (1630) with Windows 10 Enterprie. Nvidia 1030

I have some hevc mkc files with AAC 5.1.... I have set this up before but I swear Everytime a htpc reinstall comes around I always get lost lol it currently works in MPC just not WMP, and when I have something playing in WMP lav video and lav splitter come up, but no lav audio or ffdshow AND the CPU goes up to about 50%

When I went through the install process, I de-selected AAC from LAV and instead selected AAC under ffdshow.

Under ffdshow I set it to encode 5.1 and selected all the passthrough bit stream formats, and enabled the mixer 5 channel plus LFE. I did not select the resample because it's going through HDMI to a receiver, not spdif (I think that's right, yes?)

And like I said when I launch MPC it does what it's supposed to, but not in WMP. The act of selection the AAC format in ffdshow is not enough to call upon ffdshow to decode/encode AAC. There is something else I am supposed to do, and I do not know what that is.

Thank you kindly for any input

We87

Back to top Go down

AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow? Empty Re: AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow?

Post by Admin Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:38 pm

Why do you want to use WMP? It is a terrible player.

You need to disable the Microsoft Audio decoder:
Codec Tweak Tool > MS Codec Tweaks

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow? Empty Re: AAC 5.1 WMP - How to force ffdshow?

Post by We87 Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Because I am stuck in the stone ages and still using windows media center lol

If I do that, and for whatever I want to go back, would it been the same process to re-enable the Microsoft decoder? Just uncheck it and hit apply? It is there more to it then that

We87

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:45 am

Yes, you can just uncheck to re-enable at any time.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by We87 Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:22 am

Thank you so very much. Works like a charm now.

We87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum