The selected video renderer has failed to load

3 posters

Go down

The selected video renderer has failed to load Empty The selected video renderer has failed to load

Post by konsch Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:06 pm

I just formatted my laptop and started installing all my essential programs. I installed the k lite codec pack standard and when i tried to open a video file i got a message:

The selected video renderer has failed to load.
This problem is often caused by a bug in the graphics driver. Or you may be using a generic driver which has limited capabilities. A proper driver is required for optimal video playback performance and quality.
The player will now fallback to using a basic video renderer, which has reduced perormance and quality. Subtitles may also fail to load for current video.
You can select a different renderer here:
Options > playback > Output
Do you want to use the basic video renderer by default?

I installed the same drivers as always after a format and never had this message pop up before. My graphics drivers are up to date, i tried restarting my pc, uninstalling and installing again the k lite coded but nothing!! The selected option at options>playback>output is by default MPC Video Renderer and next to it it shows not available.

I dont know what else to try Sad Can someone help me? Thank you in advance.

konsch

Back to top Go down

The selected video renderer has failed to load Empty Re: The selected video renderer has failed to load

Post by Photonboy Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:13 am

SOLUTION (for others if not an issue for you still)
The problem happens for me as of version 16.0.0 (and Beta 16.0.1).

Until a newer version fixes the issue, simply download and install version 15.9.5. It should be linked under "Old Versions" , for example:
1) Delete K-Lite current version (may not be necessary but I do anyway)
2) Go to K-Lite page, "Download" then "Download Standard" (or as appropriate) then look for "Old Versions" then click the "HERE" link...
3) Install as normal

Last edited by Photonboy on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : modifying)

Photonboy

Back to top Go down

The selected video renderer has failed to load Empty Worked!

Post by konsch Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:47 pm

Photonboy wrote:SOLUTION (for others if not an issue for you still)
The problem happens for me as of version 16.0.0 (and Beta 16.0.1).

Until a newer version fixes the issue, simply download and install version 15.9.5. It should be linked under "Old Versions" , for example:
1) Delete K-Lite current version (may not be necessary but I do anyway)
2) Go to K-Lite page, "Download" then "Download Standard" (or as appropriate) then look for "Old Versions" then click the "HERE" link...
3) Install as normal

Your solution worked perfectly! Thank you very much for your help. My regards.

konsch

Back to top Go down

The selected video renderer has failed to load Empty Re: The selected video renderer has failed to load

Post by Admin Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:44 pm

MPC VR is included with the pack, but there seems to be an issue where it doesn't get installed in some cases. I will investigate and fix it soon.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by konsch Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:13 pm

Admin wrote:MPC VR is included with the pack, but there seems to be an issue where it doesn't get installed in some cases. I will investigate and fix it soon.

Thank you for your answer. I hope it is an easy fix Smile

konsch

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:27 am

Fixed in 16.0.2

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by konsch Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:04 am

Admin wrote:Fixed in 16.0.2

Great! I 'll download the updated version asap Smile

konsch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum