How do I fix an Error when clicking the Help - Check for Updates Menu option from within the Media Player Classic Home Cinema and two updates of GraphStudioNext which are not being automatically installed?

2 posters

Go down

How do I fix an Error when clicking the Help - Check for Updates Menu option from within the Media Player Classic Home Cinema and two updates of GraphStudioNext which are not being automatically installed? Empty How do I fix an Error when clicking the Help - Check for Updates Menu option from within the Media Player Classic Home Cinema and two updates of GraphStudioNext which are not being automatically installed?

Post by midimusicman79 Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello.

When clicking the Help - Check for Updates Menu option from within the Media Player Classic Home Cinema, the Codec Guide Website comes up being unencrypted as in HTTP, but when refreshing the website with F5, it comes up being encrypted as in HTTPS.

However, it is worth noting that my HTTPS Everywhere does not block the webpage as it normally would do if a website does not have an HTTPS version being available, so I assume the culprit is a minor syntax error in the command which loads the website.

Additionally, there are two available updates of GraphStudioNext and GraphStudioNext 64-bit versions 0.7.1.62 respectively which are not being automatically installed when upgrading the K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega) to the newest minor and major versions.

And, since the programs GraphStudioNext and GraphStudioNext 64-bit originally were installed with K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega), I am wondering if they maybe inadvertently got left out in the K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega) newest minor and major versions.

I am using the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Version 20H2 OS-build 19042.746 and the latest K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega) version 15.9.8 and I also use KC Softwares SUMo Free as a reference to generally keep my software updated and perform manual updates.

I know I could update the said software manually, but I do not think doing so is a trivial solution.

Could you please fix these issues and/or tell me what I can do myself to fix them?

Thank you very much in advance! Smile

Regards, midimusicman79.

midimusicman79

Back to top Go down

How do I fix an Error when clicking the Help - Check for Updates Menu option from within the Media Player Classic Home Cinema and two updates of GraphStudioNext which are not being automatically installed? Empty Re: How do I fix an Error when clicking the Help - Check for Updates Menu option from within the Media Player Classic Home Cinema and two updates of GraphStudioNext which are not being automatically installed?

Post by Admin Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm

You should check for updates using the Codec Tweak Tool. That actually shows if a new version is available.

Latest version of GraphStudioNext is included in the installer. It is not included in the update pack because the changes are insignificant. If you use the BETA installer instead of the update pack, then you will have latest versions of everything.
http://codecguide.com/klcp_beta.htm

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum