Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned)

2 posters

Go down

Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned) Empty Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned)

Post by erishk Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:24 pm

I use windows 10, completely updated. My secondary hd has burned, with this, I am trying to reinstall K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1590_Mega or K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1590_Full and I am not able to, because the screen does not appear to put the installation place (already recognizes as the secondary hd and does not even enter the change screen, already goes to the settings!) and then, what do I do? Very, very annoying!

erishk

Back to top Go down

Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned) Empty Re: Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned)

Post by erishk Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:39 pm

hum... i use Revo unistaler for this, and can reinstal normal...

erishk

Back to top Go down

Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned) Empty Re: Problem when reinstalling on a new hd (old burned)

Post by Admin Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 pm

You need to select "advanced" install option at the beginning of the installation. Then you will get option to specify install location. You must uninstall an existing installation first if you want to move the install location.

When the uninstaller is damaged/missing, then you should remove the following Registry key to force the installer to ignore the existing (broken) installation:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\KLiteCodecPack_is1

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum