[Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key

2 posters

Go down

[Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key Empty [Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key

Post by mooms Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi admin,

This is an old issue, but since it was never fixed, I finally decided to make a post to make you aware of it.

With MPC-HC, when you go back a few seconds using the left arrow key, about half the time, the subtitles disappears.
The workaround is to use the left arrow key once more time, then the subtitles will reappear.

Using MPC-HC with MadVR, internal subtitles renderer, Windows 10 20h2, nVidia GTX 1070.

Regards.

mooms

Back to top Go down

[Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key Empty Re: [Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key

Post by Admin Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:02 pm

I assume you are talking about embedded subtitles.

This is not a bug in the player or in the codecs. It is the fault of the file. The subtitle data may be stored in a position in the file before the point to which you are seeking. Then the splitter will not demux that data, unless the file contains information that tells it where it can find the subtitle data.

You can fix your files by remuxing them with MkvToolNix. That should add CurePoint data for the subtitle frames, that allows the splitter to demux it properly.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key Empty Re: [Issue] Subtitles disappearing when using the left arrow key

Post by mooms Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:45 pm

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I talk about embedded subtitles (SRT, PGS, etc..),  mostly in mkv files.
The subtitles works, but they will disappear if I "rewind" the movie and they will not reappear, until I "rewind" again.

Yes, it may be the fault of the file, as it's not occurring with every file, only some of them.

Remuxing the file with MkvToolNix is not a good solution though, too much hassle for a minor issue.

mooms

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:42 pm

There is nothing I can do about it. Remuxing is the only way to fix.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mooms Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Thank you anyway, at least now I know why it's happening, and how to fix it if I really want it to be fixed.

mooms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum