[website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ?

2 posters

Go down

[website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ? Empty [website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ?

Post by dw235 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Sure, today, people are using social media to track updates.
And I can't find a codecguide account on twitter.
But for me, nothing beats RSS to track a vast quantity of web ressources.
I don't know if codecguide.com use a content manager or if it's written by hand.
Nearly any content manager can generate a RSS feed automatically.
For a website written from scratch, maybe an external script could do the job ?
It just need to update an xml file anytime there is a new news element.
Sure, if you're editing html by hand and publishing via ssh/ftp/git, that's not easy to do.

If it's no easy to do, websites exist that can generate rss from nearly any webpage.
codecguide is an exception, maybe if you can add a <p> element around each news, a tool like https://fetchrss.com/ could generate the rss.

Thanks,
Dw

dw235

Back to top Go down

[website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ? Empty Re: [website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ?

Post by Admin Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Sorry, I am not interested in making RSS feed.

You can use the update checker functionality in the codec pack to get notified about new versions. You can adjust the frequency in Codec Tweak Tool.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ? Empty Re: [website] would it be possible to add a RSS feed on codecguide.com ?

Post by dw235 Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Okay, is it possible to make the update checker windows appear in the windows taskbar ?
When there is an update, the windows is always behind other windows, and as it's not in the taskbar, I'm discovering it randomly when I reduce other windows.
Thanks.

dw235

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:59 pm

The notification deliberately does not come to foreground to avoid interfering with work or active game.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dw235 Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 pm

Not coming to foreground is one thing, but why isn't the window visible in the taskbar ?
Background + no taskbar = no information, only learning there is an update by chance.
If it's a deliberate choice, ok, I don't understand why, but I can accept.

dw235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum