HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release

2 posters

Go down

HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release Empty HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release

Post by marcgii Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:40 pm

Today I updated K lite to the current version and HDR stopped working altogether. Previously madVR was able to activate HDR automatically. When that didn't work I manually turned it on in Windows. That didn't work either. I confirmed madVR was enabled and set to pass through HDR data. I then tried updating to the current Nvidia drivers and also ran the optimization tool but that didn't fix the issue.
Any ideas?

Edit.
Also I believe I was previously using version 15.6.8

marcgii

Back to top Go down

HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release Empty Re: HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release

Post by Admin Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:46 pm

It should still work with current version.

Look at:
MPC-HC menu > View > Filters
LAV Video Decoder should be used as decoder. You must use the internal subtitle renderer. You can not use ffdshow decoder/processor or VSFilter.

If that is all correct, then press Ctrl+J to show the madVR statistics overlay. That should indicate if it recognizes the HDR metadata. It that is also correct, then it must be a driver issue. NVIDIA broke HDR recently, and supposedly fixed it it the latest one.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release Empty Re: HDR stopped working with latest K Lite release

Post by marcgii Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Thanks. It turns it was my subtitle renderer setting. I had changed it to VOB for some other content since it wasn't handling ASS sub correctly

marcgii

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:18 pm

The internal renderer should normally handle ASS just fine. If you encounter that issue again come here with details about the file, then I can check it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum