New to K-Lite and MPC-HC

2 posters

Go down

New to K-Lite and MPC-HC Empty New to K-Lite and MPC-HC

Post by markdewet Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi all,
I am new to the K-Lite codec pack and MPC-HC and have a few questions please:
1 How do I improve the sound of gunfire in videos? At the moment most of the sound is great, except for gunfire.
2: I have a Turando 5.1 surround sound system connected via 3 x 3.5mm analogue jacks to a CMI 8768+ sound card. Do I need LFE in ffdshow (or anywhere for that matter)enabled?
3: I have seen on some forums that madVR is better for playback than DIVXA. Can anyone please clarify this for me?

Apologies for the multiple questions from a newbie, please forgive. I really would like to get the best performance from K-Lite, as I have been very disappointed with VLC.

markdewet

Back to top Go down

New to K-Lite and MPC-HC Empty Re: New to K-Lite and MPC-HC

Post by Admin Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:32 pm

1. I don't know of a way to improve that. The "real" sound of a gun is pretty underwhelming, so the sound may just be correct already.
2. The codec pack uses LAV Audio Decoder by default. I don't recommend using ffdshow.
3. I think you mean DXVA? That is a method for hardware accelerated decoding. madVR is a video renderer. Those are totally different and unrelated things. madVR is for experienced users. I don't recommend to waste your time on that. The default settings are already good.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by markdewet Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Admin wrote:1. I don't know of a way to improve that. The "real" sound of a gun is pretty underwhelming, so the sound may just be correct already.
2. The codec pack uses LAV Audio Decoder by default. I don't recommend using ffdshow.
3. I think you mean DXVA? That is a method for hardware accelerated decoding. madVR is a video renderer. Those are totally different and unrelated things. madVR is for experienced users. I don't recommend to waste your time on that. The default settings are already good.

Good day sir,
Thank you so much for your reply.
1: I understand your reply, that does make sense to a large degree.
2: I hear you, my question had more to do with using LFE if a person already has a subwoofer on a sound system. I have tried to look online but cannot really find a definitive answer. In this case, I would refer to the LFE slider in the mixing tab of LAV Audio Decoder, can I slide it all the way to the left? 0.00 in other words.
3: OK, that's fine, I will stick with what works.

markdewet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Those mixing settings in LAV Audio only apply when downmixing (to stereo). Then the LFE slider controls how the sound from the LFE track (from 5.1/6.1/7.1 input) gets mixed into the stereo channels of the output.

In your case simply select 5.1 output and everything else default.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by markdewet Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Admin wrote:Those mixing settings in LAV Audio only apply when downmixing (to stereo). Then the LFE slider controls how the sound from the LFE track (from 5.1/6.1/7.1 input) gets mixed into the stereo channels of the output.

In your case simply select 5.1 output and everything else default.
Ah I see, ok thank you so much for your time and assistance. It is much appreciated.

markdewet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum