Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No video in Picasa and XnView

Go down

No video in Picasa and XnView Empty No video in Picasa and XnView

Post by HansS on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:42 am

Because I had no video in Picasa and XnView I reinstalled K-Lite codec pack, and got response from K-Lite support team with hint on http://codecguide.com/faq_display_issues.htm#item11

Many thanks for the tip to the support team Very Happy!

I tried everything from the tip and want to share the results as it may help other users.

My system:
Win10-64-pro 1909
Shuttle_SZ77R5
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (driver "451.67-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe")
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Possible solution 1:
Both monitors had been connected to GeForce, no video on both. I than set video option from Auto to IGXF in BIOS, and connected my secondary monitor to the onboard Intel graphic card, and in this configuration I really see video on my secondary monitor.
Since the onboard GPU does not support the high resolution of my primary monitor (2560x1440), it must be connected to the GeForce, so I still don't have video on the primary monitor.

Possible solution 2:
Does not work form me, I see both possible options "NVIDIA GeForce GT 730" (nothing from Intel).

Possible solution 3:
Update to "451.67-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe" did not solve the problem.

Workaround 1:
Works for me: Play and stop video with XnView, then the videos are shown in Picasa.

Workaround 2:
Not possible for me.

Workaround 3:
Works for me, but the picture looks a bit unsharp, so I don't want to use this setting.

HansS

Back to top Go down

No video in Picasa and XnView Empty Re: No video in Picasa and XnView

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Yes, the second instance trick is usually the best solution.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum