ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing

2 posters

Go down

ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing Empty ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing

Post by muroj Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:06 pm

I recently installed K-Lite for a fix related to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion that relates to ffdshow. I have read the FAQ and seen a screenshot in an old forum thread of where I need to go to find the DirectShow control section so I can blacklist the application from using ffdshow, but unfortunately I can't see the section.
https://prnt.sc/tumh2g
Here's a screenshot of what I can see. I've checked over the list on the left-hand side and I can't find anything even remotely close to DirectShow control. Is there something I may have missed here, in the installation, or somewhere similar?

muroj

Back to top Go down

ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing Empty Re: ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing

Post by Admin Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:24 pm

You must look in the settings of ffdshow video decoder. Your screenshot is for encoder settings.

With default settings of K-Lite, ffdshow is not used for decoding, so no fix should be needed with regard to ffdshow settings. So maybe that is why you are having trouble finding it?

Are you having a problem that only occurs when K-Lite is installed?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing Empty Re: ffdshow "DirectShow Control" section missing

Post by muroj Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Admin wrote:You must look in the settings of ffdshow video decoder. Your screenshot is for encoder settings.

With default settings of K-Lite, ffdshow is not used for decoding, so no fix should be needed with regard to ffdshow settings. So maybe that is why you are having trouble finding it?

Are you having a problem that only occurs when K-Lite is installed?

I suppose the default settings would be it.

I don't have any problems that occur specifically when K-Lite is installed that I know of, since I just got it today as part of tinkering with this weird interconnected video/audio stutter in Oblivion.
I basically got a plugin (that uses a DirectShow player) that managed stopped music in the game from stuttering, but then that plugin caused consistent and repetitive frame stuttering, and I found a fix that was supposedly to blacklist oblivion.exe from using ffdshow. I don't really know the ins and outs about how all this works, I figured I'd give it a shot since the fix was specifically "go and do this".

I guess if I didn't have ffdshow for decoding before, then I shouldn't worry about anything concerning it?

(Also, just as a note, I'm still actively looking around to see what has worked for others in this situation, so I might suddenly come back and say "nevermind" if I've found a working fix)

muroj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:00 pm

The ffdshow decoder is just one of the many possible causes for the stuttering issues with that game. And I am pretty sure oblivion is already on its default blacklist as well.

Your problem might not be caused by codecs.

Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log
That makes a list of all installed codecs. That makes it easy to see if you have any third party stuff installed that might cause issues.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by muroj Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:12 pm

Ah, thank you. I'll see if anything strange comes up.

Thanks for the help.

muroj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum