What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall?

2 posters

Go down

What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall? Empty What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall?

Post by Radish Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:19 pm

K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard) 15.5.0

I have a firewall, TinyWall. It automatically blocks all programs from gaining internet connections; programs have to be 'white-listed' to gain access to the internet. I am new to the K-Lite Codec Pack. Can someone tell me what 'exe' files I need to allow access to the internet in the Codec Pack? Also could someone state the reason why component 'x' needs to be allowed? (I am thinking that MPC-HC needs to be allowed to download subtitles at minimum (is my thinking correct in this?), but I am not sure if other components for the Codec Pack need access.)

Also, does any component of the Codec Pack automatically check with Codec Guide to see if an update to the installed Codec Pack is available?
Radish
Radish

Back to top Go down

What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall? Empty Re: What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall?

Post by Admin Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 pm

MPC-HC if you want to download subtitles or play streaming audio/video.

codectweaktool.exe does the update checking.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall? Empty Re: What Codec Pack Programs Need White-Listed to Pass Through a Firewall?

Post by Radish Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Thank you. This would be good information to put in the FAQs at the home site. (I checked in the FAQs first to see if the information was there before posting in at the forum.)

I have allowed codectweaktool.exe to pass through the firewall now and have set it to check for updates on a weekly basis. Can I ask if it will now automatically check for updates and notify if update is necessary? I mean, as of now, I don't have to do anything further to check for updates -- it will all run automatic in the background, but also automatically notify me if an update is necessary?
Radish
Radish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 pm

It creates a scheduled task in Windows for the update check. So nothing runs in background. It will be run automatically, and when an update is available it will popup a window with version information and download link. Same window as you saw with the manual update check.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Radish Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 am

Okay. Understood now. Thanks very much.
Radish
Radish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum