Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar

2 posters

Go down

Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar Empty Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar

Post by KLife2 Sat May 02, 2020 7:09 am

When i move mouse over seekbar the video playback hangs. Processor overloads and framerate drops down. I just move mouse over seek bar. Not pressing buttons. Curent version of MPC-HC is 1.9.2.12. Same was in previous version of a player. 32 or 64 bit, no difference. This bug more noticible in fullscreen mode... Windows 7 Max. 64 bit. 2 core CPU...

KLife2

Back to top Go down

Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar Empty Re: Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar

Post by Admin Sat May 02, 2020 4:56 pm

I don't get any noticeable increase in CPU usage on my Windows 7 system.

Move your mouse on top of the seekbar, and then release the mouse. The time tooltip should disappear after two seconds of not moving. Does CPU usage drop again at that moment?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar Empty Re: Processor overload while moving mouse over seek bar

Post by KLife2 Sat May 02, 2020 6:37 pm

When i put mouse over the seekbar arrow turns to hand. Tooltip appear. Then if i move that hand from side to side over seekbar (not touching buttons) i get overload. (I must move mouse like if i need to find some time point in the video. I don't get overload without mouse moving.) Sometimes framerate drop happens not at the same moment. Just couple seconds after. Maybe because of different video type... Maybe my processor too slow... Two core pentium-4 cpu. On older versions of mpc-hc 32-bits (windows-xp celeron processor) i have never seen such behaviour even with hq videos. Sometimes not only the framerate drops, but the audio interrupts too. I could have shown you the screen capture, but capture program loads cpu...

It looks like player trying to decode frames forward or backwards in a background before mouse click the slider.

KLife2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 02, 2020 9:24 pm

It doesn't decode any extra frames. I think the problem is with the display of the tooltip. Since version 1.9.0 of the player there have been some changes to the graphical interface of the player. But I don't know why it causes such high CPU usage on your system. I am afraid I don't have a solution for you right now.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KLife2 Sun May 03, 2020 7:53 am

Thanks for reply. It is not a problem for me. I can do without it. I just wanted to help...
I think changes happened earlier. I had same issue in version 1.8... Because of that i updated the Pack. And today i discovered that overload is present even when playing mp3 files. Not 100% cpu load, but about 50%. Depends on how fast i move mouse. Showing tooltip shouldn't take so much processing anyway... My motherboard D945GCNL...

KLife2

Back to top Go down

Post by KLife2 Sun May 03, 2020 10:19 am

I switched off time tooltips in options-tweaks. And this is it!

KLife2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 03, 2020 1:39 pm

Weird. Maybe a graphics driver bug.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum