Can I report a MPC-HC bug here?

2 posters

Go down

Can I report a MPC-HC bug here? Empty Can I report a MPC-HC bug here?

Post by KLife Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 am

Hello,

I just updated the K-Lite Codec Pack (and therefore MPC-HC) from 15.2.6 to 15.4.4. So yes, my version before was ~4 months old. Sorry for that.

I have bound a key in MPC-HC to rotate by 90° (PnS Rotate Z-). With the old version it was possible to rotate while holding/clicking the seek bar button/indicator/slider (I don't know how it is called correctly). With the updated version rotating is only possible while not holding/clicking the seek bar button.

As small as this issue sounds, it's super annoying while skipping through videos.

Thanks in advance.

KLife

Back to top Go down

Can I report a MPC-HC bug here? Empty Re: Can I report a MPC-HC bug here?

Post by Admin Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:27 pm

You mean you want to rotate while at the same time also moving the seekbar? Sorry, but I don't consider this an actual bug. It is also unlikely to get fixed as there are more important things to work on for MPC-HC.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KLife Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:42 am

Thank you for your answer. I reported this as what I thought is a bug cause this feature worked before.

I have to admit that it's very sad to hear that it might not come back. In fact, the feature is so important to me that I downgraded MPC-HC to 1.8.8.22 (the version that came with pack version 15.2.6). Rotating while moving the seekbar works fine there.

KLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:31 pm

I don't understand why you need this. Why can't you stop dragging the seekbar for a second while rotating?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KLife Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 pm

It's the way I watch videos/recording since the beginning of time. And when you skip through a lot of them it breaks your usability.

May I ask a counterquestion? Why was it removed? I mean being able to for sure didn't hurt anyone. Not being able to hurts, well, at last me. ;)

But it's ok, it's your baby, you do a good job at it and you decide what to do with it. No bad blood from my side. I downgraded and my world is fine again. I just have to figure out how to update the rest of the pack without updating MPC-HC cause I failed miserably at downgrading first. Unselected everything but MPC-HC uninstalled all codecs. I didn't expect that although it's logical.

KLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:55 pm

It wasn't removed. If it stopped working it must be a side effect of another change.

Simply copy the contents of the MPC-HC folder from old version. Install new version, and replace the files.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KLife Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Thank you.

KLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum