MP4 video and audio track information

2 posters

Go down

MP4 video and audio track information Empty MP4 video and audio track information

Post by eppic Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 pm

Is there any way to get video and audio track information for MP4-files in the Explorer details view and details pane, like there is for MKV-files?

eppic

Back to top Go down

MP4 video and audio track information Empty Re: MP4 video and audio track information

Post by Admin Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:30 pm

Not possible right now. Currently file properties for MP4 are extracted by a standard shell extension from Windows, and that only shows basic information. A future version of the Icaros shell extension that K-Lite uses might add support for MP4. But it probably won't be very soon.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MP4 video and audio track information Empty Re: MP4 video and audio track information

Post by eppic Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:14 pm

That's what I though. I was hoping there was a simple way to force Icaros handling MP4 files as well, but oh well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will eventually come with a future update.

eppic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Another way to get file details is with the MediaInfo tool that is included in the pack.
Right-click on file > MediaInfo

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by eppic Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Oh, I know about MediaInfo and I absolutely love it. I have even donated to MediaArea before, but when you have hundreds of files, it's just so much faster if you can go into details view in the Windows Explorer and have columns with all the information you need.
I'm sure there is a way to get a custom view in MediaInfo that fits my needs, but customizing the CSV templates just goes right above my head.

eppic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum