Subtitles in wmp on win10

2 posters

Go down

Subtitles in wmp on win10 Empty Subtitles in wmp on win10

Post by We87 Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:24 am

So I have a new install of Windows 10 x64 or 64bit, and newest klite. Everything plays back just fine.

I'm having an issue with getting subtitles in regular Windows Media player. I can see the subs in MPC or MPC 64, but I cannot see the subtitles in wmp. LAv is set to auto load, when playing a file I right click on LAv splitter and can select different subtitle selections so LAv does see them, but I get nothing on wmp.

I have tried to load graphstudionext and when the file is loaded, video and audio are going somewhere but subtitles aren't. I can't draw them or connect them towards anything either because it gives me an error. It's like the subtitles are allowed on wmps layer or something.

Any ideas?

We87

Back to top Go down

Subtitles in wmp on win10 Empty Re: Subtitles in wmp on win10

Post by Admin Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm

The DirectVobSub filter is used for subtitles in WMP. Loading this filter requires some workarounds because normally Microsoft tries to connect the video decoder directly to the video renderer.

Codec Tweak Tool > Preferred Decoders > select "Use Merit"

The K-Lite installer already does this adjustment by default for common video formats.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by We87 Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:01 pm

I'm not sure what caused it but to work in the first place, but I was trying to force Direct Vob Sub to not load and that was my problem. Changed its setting auto load when needed and reinstalled klite and now everything works as it should.

Thank you

We87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum