LAV decoder setting

2 posters

Go down

LAV decoder setting Empty LAV decoder setting

Post by cyberloner Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:44 pm

sorry for new topic here..
i have some setting i want to enable by default such as enable hardware decode on all files available
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LAV\Video\HWAccel]

if i export and import the reg into the windows registry... after opening mpc it will reset all by default.... the registry above will be clear out.
is there anyway to make it permanent

cyberloner

Back to top Go down

LAV decoder setting Empty Re: LAV decoder setting

Post by Admin Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:17 pm

First of all, there are options for hardware acceleration in the K-lite installer. It should already enable the supported formats by default. Is it doing something wrong? I ask in case something can be improved. And also to confirm you aren't trying to enable things that aren't supported by your GPU.

To prevent the settings from being reset:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LAV\Video
Remove value "ResetSettings", or create identical value in HKCU.

You can also export and import settings with the Codec Tweak Tool.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberloner Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:32 am

ty my friend... I'll try...
GPU can support all media decoding but the LAV doesn't enable all format such as
SD DVD VC-1 H264-MVC
i just need reenable it if import from registry.... ty

It is working... thanks a lot... keep up

cyberloner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:31 pm

H264-MVC is disabled by default intentionally. There are cases where hardware decoding fails for this format, freezing the video. H264-MVC is used for 3D video as found on 3D Bluray discs. There is a big chance you might not even have such videos. I don't recommend to enable this unless you have performance issues without hardware acceleration.

DVD is also disabled intentionally. It could potentially give issues, and since MPEG2 is super easy to decode, there is not really any benefit from using HWA.

SD is disabled by default on AMD hardware because in the past AMD drivers had problems decoding videos with SD resolution. Which GPU do you have? If you can confirm that low resolution H.264 videos decode correctly with HWA enabled, including correct colors, then I guess I could enable it by default on modern AMD GPUs.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberloner Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:06 pm

H264MVC i don't have it is true...
playing DVD and other video is fine with RX580 here.... do what you do best... i just love to see it using hardware decoding only.... maybe old user that playing video lag lastime and enable hardware to smooth it. lol... it become a habit... hehe

cyberloner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum