I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo

2 posters

Go down

I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo Empty I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo

Post by tib8tib Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Mediainfo Lite doesn't work very well for me (with the K-lite pack "full"). I tried on different computers, there is the same problem : for a user who isn't administrator, mediainfo look like this:

I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo 110

And when I click on it :

I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo 210

(its in french but you know this panel when you want to open a file with a specific program)

Anyone have a solution ?

Thank You
Tib

tib8tib

Back to top Go down

I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo Empty Re: I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo

Post by Admin Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:22 am

I see that it uses a different icon. Does MediaInfo open correctly when you click on it?

The second issue should be unrelated to MediaInfo. Windows shows that screen when it detects a new application that is capable of opening that file format. It should be shown just once (per extension).

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo Empty Re: I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo

Post by tib8tib Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 am

Admin wrote:I see that it uses a different icon. Does MediaInfo open correctly when you click on it?

The second issue should be unrelated to MediaInfo. Windows shows that screen when it detects a new application that is capable of opening that file format. It should be shown just once (per extension).

Mediainfo doesn't open, when I click on it I got the second screenshot.

Video screen capture here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Olt-TCDAr8DQ9iZ9XiR7p4eGzwIXVPqL

tib8tib

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm

I tested on Windows 10 1909 and it works correctly on a newly created standard user account.

Have you ever had a standalone MediaInfo installation? It could be there were some leftovers in the Registry from that.

The codec pack uses the following Registry key for that context menu entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.flac\Shell\MediaInfo

Check if you see any MediaInfo entries in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tib8tib Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Admin wrote:I tested on Windows 10 1909 and it works correctly on a newly created standard user account.

Have you ever had a standalone MediaInfo installation? It could be there were some leftovers in the Registry from that.

The codec pack uses the following Registry key for that context menu entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.flac\Shell\MediaInfo

Check if you see any MediaInfo entries in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes

I just understood and solved my problem, I have this :

I have a problem with K-lite Full and Mediainfo Captur10

So I copied Mediainfo from
C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools
to
C:\Program Files\MediaInfo

and it's working ! thank you !

The problem was that I had installed and uninstalled mediainfo before.

tib8tib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum