madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode

2 posters

Go down

madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode Empty madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode

Post by rctgamer3 Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm

madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode and it's bugging me out. Either I haven't noticed this recently or it's a regression, but while watching video I noticed that while madVR is set and XySubFilter is used as the subtitle renderer, the video seemingly has a sharpness filter applied and/or the colors are weird.
MPC-HC Output:

This does not occur with madVR+XySubFilter while in full-screen, only while windowed.

K-Lite Codec Pack version 15.1.9 Full

madVR + XySubFilter (colors are wrong):
madVR + Internal Subtitle Renderer (colors are accurate):

Might not look different, but compare the images in two separate browser tabs and you'll notice.

This issue only occurs with madVR+XySubFilter. I prefer XySubFilter since it's fast and has subtitle resolution scaling or whatever it's called.

MediaInfo:
MPC-HC info:
Codec Tweak Tool log:
rctgamer3
rctgamer3

Back to top Go down

madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode Empty Re: madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode

Post by Admin Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Press Ctrl+J to show madvr details. It must be doing something differently.

The internal render can also render at resolution of the screen:
MPC-HC options > subtitles > default style > uncheck "render subtitles relative to the video frame"

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode Empty Re: madVR + XySubFilter causes color(space) issues in windowed mode

Post by rctgamer3 Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Here's a screenshot of the debug info. Except for lanczos3 upscaling I don't see any differences.
madVR:
rctgamer3
rctgamer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Try with "DXVA2 copy-back" in settings of LAV Video decoder. I suspect it is a bug with how madvr handles things when DXVA2 native is used.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rctgamer3 Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Admin wrote:Try with "DXVA2 copy-back" in settings of LAV Video decoder. I suspect it is a bug with how madvr handles things when DXVA2 native is used.
That does seem to be the case, switching to DXVA2 (copy-back) did fix the issue. Is this something within your capabilities or should I report this bug somewhere? At least there's a workaround now Wink
rctgamer3
rctgamer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:00 pm

It is most likely already fixed for next release of madvr. You can try this development build if you want:
http://madshi.net/madVRhdrMeasure87.zip
You only need to overwrite the existing files to update.

Development of madvr has been a bit slow this year because its developer has been busy working on a new hardware product. But I predict a new version sometime in the coming months.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rctgamer3 Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 pm

This newer version fixed the problem completely. Looking forward to its inclusion in a future version Smile
rctgamer3
rctgamer3

Back to top Go down

Post by rctgamer3 Sat May 29, 2021 12:22 pm

Seems to be broken again.
Using:
- madVR v0.92.17
- LAV Video Decoder 0.75.0.2-git
- XySubFilter 3.2.0.805

Last edited by rctgamer3 on Sat May 29, 2021 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
rctgamer3
rctgamer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm

Use DXVA2 copyback.

I recommend using the internal subtitle renderer. I can't help with problems with XySubFilter.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rctgamer3 Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Not a problem with XySubfilter, though, same issues with internal subrenderer. Problem likely with madVR, though apparently DXVA Native is bug-prone as hell or so i've read.
rctgamer3
rctgamer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:54 pm

In the Intel graphics driver settings, disable "Contrast Enhancement", "Fleshtone Enhancement", and Denoise, and whatever other stuff they might have enabled by default. These enhancements make quality worse and cause bugs.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum