I wanna to share an idea and need help

Go down

I wanna to share an idea and need help Empty I wanna to share an idea and need help

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:47 pm

I have a problem with watching movies at night. I am using speaker for audio and sometimes in the movie a scene sound become very loud. So i wanna develop an extension. That will lower the volume when it is very loud and then will become old level again. How can I do that? Can you help me on this way?

Back to top Go down

I wanna to share an idea and need help Empty Re: I wanna to share an idea and need help

Post by Admin Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:17 pm

You can have a look at the source code of AC3Filter. That is capable of processing uncompressed audio. It has volume control and even an equalizer.

It is already possible to do something similar to what you describe. Volume normalization reduces the difference between loud and quiet part of a video. MPC-HC has an option for it. It is also possible with AC3Filter and ffdshow audio processor (both included with K-Lite Mega). Those also have the ability to adjust the volume of the individual audio channels. The loud sounds are usually in the surround channels, while the voices are mostly in the center channel. This is assuming 5.1 (or higher) sound, which most videos have. By increasing the volume of the center channel and reducing volume of the surround channels, you can make it more suitable for night viewing.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum