Slight Problem

2 posters

Go down

Slight Problem Empty Slight Problem

Post by BobP Sun May 12, 2019 11:44 pm

I am using Windows 7 X64 Ultimate. I am also currently using version 14.9.4 (Mega) of the K-lite Codec Pack.

I have noticed for a long while now through many revision installs that the K-lite Update Checker of the Codec Tweak Tool is offering me Beta updates even though "Also notify about BETA versions" is not checked. I have tried checking and unchecking "minor updates" and "BETA versions" with no change. I have not mentioned it before this since it was something I could ignore but I thought someone might want to know. I am not sure if is a true bug but it has survived major revision installs and updates.

If it is not reproducible, tell me where I might be able to fix a stuck, corrupted setting. And if you need any more info just let me know.

BobP

Back to top Go down

Slight Problem Empty Re: Slight Problem

Post by Admin Mon May 13, 2019 1:21 pm

If a newer stable version is available, it will also show information about a newer beta version. If the notify option is enabled, it will also show the update dialog when you already have latest stable version and only a newer beta is available.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BobP Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Admin wrote:If a newer stable version is available, it will also show information about a newer beta version. If the notify option is enabled, it will also show the update dialog when you already have latest stable version and only a newer beta is available.

But I am using the latest stable version of 14.9.4 (mega) currently and the notify option is NOT enabled and it is still offering me the 14.9.5 (beta) version.

BobP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 16, 2019 1:25 pm

It is shown if you search manually.

The beta does not trigger a notification here with the automatic update check.
(codectweaktool.exe /update /silent)

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum