Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General

2 posters

Go down

Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General Empty Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General

Post by marcgii Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Is there a reason why the Frame step keyboard shortcuts and Medium Jump Forward/Backward shortcuts are reversed in comparison to the normal MPC-HC release? I'd imagine the Jump Forward/backward function is used much more often than frame step; so it would make more sense to have Jump forward/backward assigned to the arrows keys instead of CTRL+arrow key.

Also, it's very frustrating trying to customize shortcuts on the tiny, fixed-sized options window. Is there a better way to do this? Are shortcuts assignments saved in the MPC .ini file? It didn't look like it. I could use the setting backup feature to copy over the shortcuts I've set on another device, but that would copy all the other settings a well.

marcgii

Back to top Go down

Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General Empty Re: Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General

Post by Admin Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 pm

It may get swapped back. There is a poll on the website asking what people prefer.

Yes, keyboard shortcuts are saved in Registry/INI.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Commands2

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General Empty Re: Frame Step Keyboard Shortcut; and Customizing shortcuts in General

Post by marcgii Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 pm

For some reason, that registry folder appears to be missing. Also after updating to 14.4.5, MPC won't save my keyboard shortcut edits after closing the program. I'm guessing because that folder is missing. Is this a known bug? Updating to 14.4.6 didn't fix it either.

I wasn't able to find that poll. Can post a link? Thanks.

marcgii

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:22 pm

If you are using INI then its saved in there. It is working correctly.

Poll is on bottom of the frontpage. In a previous poll 54% preferred current shortcuts.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum