Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback!

2 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback! Empty Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback!

Post by karakarga Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Hello, I am new to this site. I have downloaded 8K video (without audio) from uTube. Currently, they do not support this option.

I have tried to play some of those 8K video with Mega Codec Pack. I have run with Xeon E5-2695 v2, 12 core processor. Task Manager --> Performance panel was not pushing processor more than %20. Thus, playback was not successful. Slow motion with brakes, dropping lot's of frames.

I  have tried other video players. Finally, I have found a successful player, which is KMPlayer. It managed to play the contents very well without dropping a frame.

LG and Samsung demonstrated their first 8K TV's this month. Quite soon, they may also release 8K demo disk & clips with audio!

Can you update Mega Codec Pack (at least) to play 8K video content? Rolling Eyes

karakarga

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback! Empty Re: Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback!

Post by Admin Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Such videos are already supported. But it requires powerful hardware.

You may have to disable/adjust hardware acceleration settings in the video decoder. First try changing DXVA2 copy-back to DXVA2 native. If that doesn't solve it, disable hardware acceleration.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback! Empty Re: Suggestion: Mega Codec Pack currently does not support 8K video playback!

Post by karakarga Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:32 pm

"First try changing DXVA2 copy-back to DXVA2 native." --> Tried, uninstalled Media Player Classic, add MPC-HC64 directory manually, but same dropping issue. Did not worked!

"You may have to disable/adjust hardware acceleration settings in the video decoder." --> No change at all.

After playing with setting, some registry errors occurred, not media player classic totally can not play. You need to add a repair option too, resetting settings not works!

There is a dinosaur here, I was not hoping Mega Codec Pack, that much bad.... Evil or Very Mad

You need to check "Mega Codec Pack" yourself truly!

Last edited by karakarga on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

karakarga

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Don't add stuff manually. The pack should already use MPC-HC64 by default, as that gives best performance. You can select hardware acceleration options in the codec pack installer.

How high is CPU usage when you disable hardware acceleration?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Which GPU do you have? I don't think your CPU has an integrated one.

MPC-HC options > Playback > Output > Video Renderer > select "Enhanced Video Renderer" (the non-custom one)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum