Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt

2 posters

Go down

Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt Empty Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt

Post by imWACCo Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 pm

I run a small non-for-profit that has sensitive data. I'm trying to turn off all the spy stuff in Win10. That's one of the reasons that I went with "N".

Is there a way to make MPC and/or K-Lite do the parts that Winblows thinks Media Feature Pack should be doing? It seems (to this n00b) that not even Mega pack will run the videos in FireFox.

imWACCo

Back to top Go down

Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt Empty Re: Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt

Post by Admin Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:48 pm

The "N" version does not contain less telemetry/spy stuff. The only difference is the lack of Multimedia features. If you want to disable as much telemetry as possible, then you need to get the Enterprise edition, or LTSB edition.

Firefox only works with the Media Foundation codec from Microsoft. There is no alternative.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt Empty Re: Media Feature Pack workaround and/or alt

Post by imWACCo Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Admin wrote:Firefox only works with the Media Foundation codec from Microsoft. There is no alternative.

They got it locked down that tight? No one has reverse engineered it? Even QuickTime and RealTime have Alt's. (Yeah, I'm showing my age there)

imWACCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:12 pm

The Media Feature Pack is a free add-on, for something that most version of Windows already contain by default. There is not really anything 'wrong' with it, so nobody cares to make an 'alternative' for it. Those other alternatives you mentioned are merely stripped down repacks of the originals, not some reverse engineered new implementations.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum