File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail

2 posters

Go down

File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail Empty File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail

Post by rambomhtri Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi, the thumbnails work really weird/incorrect once I install the KLite MEGA pack since a lot of versions, like 1 year or so. Let me explain my soft:

Windows 10 x64:
-MPC-HC 1.7.13 x64
-KLite MEGA pack 14.2.5

First, I install MPC-HC, set it as default music/video player and set an options that says "use specific file icons". That's a very awesome option that shows in the icons of the multimedia files, instead of just the "321" MPC icon, the actual format of the file. So, an MP3 will show a "MP3" letters thumbnail icon, "mkv" the same, "mp4", etc...

Then, when I have files with embedded images, such as audio files with embedded cover art, the thumbnail of course will be the embedded cover art and a small icon of the file format, sometimes "MP3", other times "FLAC", etc... so it works as expected. In video files such as mp4 or mkv (a film), I sometimes get the video thumbnail of a middle snapshot of the film PLUS the specific format in the corner: mkv, mp4, avi... just like in audio files. Nevertheless, many other times there's no thumbnail of the film, just a MPC icon with big letters of the specific file format. This is the first "bug" that I don't know why it happens. I have not found any special feature or reason about why some movies show a thumbnail and others don't. It's not the film cover embedded in the mkv, because some mkv files have the film cover art embedded. That's not the case.

Then I install KLite MEGA pack, I don't uninstall MPC-HC because I just want the codecs, and leave almost everything in default values. I set again MPC-HC as default player and once the codec pack is installed is when I get a situation I don't understand:

1. Suddenly, all the thumbnails of the videos are fixed, all video files now show a thumbnail of a snapshot of a random part of the video/movie, it gets fixed and I don't know why. I guess this is a MPC-HC's fault since it happens when I have not even installed KLite. So, KLite fixes all the missing thumbnails of the videos. Audio files with embedded images still show the cover art, it's all fine.

2. Now the real problem comes: I lose all the specific file icons in all the multimedia files, they all show the same "321" icon, audio or video. It's like I had disabled completely that option. I've of course "reset" that option inside MPC-HC, refreshed thumbnails, restarted, I've done this in a fresh Windows 10 install and it behaves the same, file specific icon completely removed.

It's like installing KLite codec pack fixes the thumbnails problem but disables the file specific option, and I remember in the past this did not happen.

What can I do?

Thank you!

rambomhtri

Back to top Go down

File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail Empty Re: File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail

Post by Admin Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Uninstall MPC-HC and then re-install the codec pack. It contains the latest version of MPC-HC (1.7.16) and it will give the correct file type icons.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail Empty Re: File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail

Post by rambomhtri Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Admin wrote:Uninstall MPC-HC and then re-install the codec pack. It contains the latest version of MPC-HC (1.7.16) and it will give the correct file type icons.

I've done this already. I've removed completely MPC-HC and KLite MEGA pack, then installed directly KLite MEGA including the MPC-HC player that it asks to install. Still the very same issue. I'm trying this in my notebook that I just formatted, so the Windows 10 x64 version is fresh, and there can't be any problem with old installations, left overs of other versions, old registry entries, etc...

Besides, the MPC that the KLite MEGA pack includes shows a weird (different) "blurry" interface, it's not the same as the MPC-HC player (which looks a little old but sharp and neat), also the arrow keys don't work for rewind/forward. Really weird.

rambomhtri

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

You can get the standard black buttons by deleted the toolbar.bmp file. You can adjust button size in Options>Advanced.
The installer will soon get options to customize this toolbar.

As for the icons, its seems you are mostly just interested in the file extension? Explorer has an option to display the extension part of the filename. By default it hides that.

The icons in the pack should look like this:
File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail Wvy74p

And soon there will be an option for these:
File specific icon don't work in the thumbnail 2v025w6

It is also possible to hide the icons when displaying a thumbnail.
Codec Tweak Tool > Thumbnails > Options

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rambomhtri Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Let me properly explain this, since this is so confusing I even made a mistake explaining this. I'll put images and explain it later because it's gonna take some time.

rambomhtri

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Left/Right are set to framestep by default.
Ctrl+Left/Right is to jump 5 seconds. Alt+Left/Right is to jump 20 seconds.

The key combos can be customized in: Options > Player > Keys
The jump distance can be customized in: Options > Tweaks

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum