Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto load subtitles with different filename

Go down

Auto load subtitles with different filename Empty Auto load subtitles with different filename

Post by Denny89 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 pm

I couldn't find that anywhere, so i'm asking here: is it possible to auto load a subtitle with a different filename than the video file? There's only one srt and mkv pair in the folder.

For example:
Bobs.Burgers.S08E14.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv
Bob's Burgers - 08x14 - The Trouble With Doubles.AVS.English.HI.C.orig.Addic7ed.com.srt

I know i could easily rename them, but why waste time if there's maybe a better way, like a "auto load any subtitle in a folder" option anywhere. It's also very annoying to rename multiple files when you want to watch the whole season...

Also before anyone asks - sub site owners refuse to change their file naming.

I'm using MPC-HC x64 1.7.16.2 with Internal Subtitle Renderer.

Denny89

Back to top Go down

Auto load subtitles with different filename Empty Re: Auto load subtitles with different filename

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am

There is no such option.

You can load a subtitle with Ctrl+L. You can also drag&drop a subtitle onto the video to load it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Auto load subtitles with different filename Empty Re: Auto load subtitles with different filename

Post by Denny89 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know about drag&drop and the shortcuts...it's even more annoying than renaming subs. Imagine putting 3 seasons of something into playlist and then you need to get up every 20min to meddle with MPC.

Anyways, i found two other solutions...maybe it will be useful to someone else:
- SubDude automatic subtitle renamer
- Automatic rename batch script

SubDude doesn't always work while the batch picked up every filename scene standard i tried (as long as you see the correct order if you sort the folder by name). Not fully automatic, but still better than repeating f2, ctrl+c, ctrl+v and enter over and over or playing around with Bulk Rename Utility.

Denny89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum