Auto load subtitles with different filename

3 posters

Go down

Auto load subtitles with different filename Empty Auto load subtitles with different filename

Post by Denny89 Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 pm

I couldn't find that anywhere, so i'm asking here: is it possible to auto load a subtitle with a different filename than the video file? There's only one srt and mkv pair in the folder.

For example:
Bobs.Burgers.S08E14.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv
Bob's Burgers - 08x14 - The Trouble With Doubles.AVS.English.HI.C.orig.Addic7ed.com.srt

I know i could easily rename them, but why waste time if there's maybe a better way, like a "auto load any subtitle in a folder" option anywhere. It's also very annoying to rename multiple files when you want to watch the whole season...

Also before anyone asks - sub site owners refuse to change their file naming.

I'm using MPC-HC x64 1.7.16.2 with Internal Subtitle Renderer.

Denny89

Back to top Go down

Auto load subtitles with different filename Empty Re: Auto load subtitles with different filename

Post by Admin Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am

There is no such option.

You can load a subtitle with Ctrl+L. You can also drag&drop a subtitle onto the video to load it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Auto load subtitles with different filename Empty Re: Auto load subtitles with different filename

Post by Denny89 Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know about drag&drop and the shortcuts...it's even more annoying than renaming subs. Imagine putting 3 seasons of something into playlist and then you need to get up every 20min to meddle with MPC.

Anyways, i found two other solutions...maybe it will be useful to someone else:
- SubDude automatic subtitle renamer
- Automatic rename batch script

SubDude doesn't always work while the batch picked up every filename scene standard i tried (as long as you see the correct order if you sort the folder by name). Not fully automatic, but still better than repeating f2, ctrl+c, ctrl+v and enter over and over or playing around with Bulk Rename Utility.

Denny89

Back to top Go down

Post by samswashbuckler Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Welp, it's been 4y and MPC still can't autoload subs with a different filename, eh? Pretty sad. Maybe time to try a new player.

samswashbuckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:59 pm

If you want a player that does stupid things, then go use another player.

Nobody cares what you use.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum