No 60hz when full screen

2 posters

Go down

No 60hz when full screen Empty No 60hz when full screen

Post by btgbullseye Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm not sure, but it's either an issue with MadVR or its implementation in this codec pack, but I am unable to get 60 FPS upframing from MadVR, it stays at 30 FPS.

Windows 7 Ultimate, all versions up to 14.0.8 for K-lite, all framerate/deinterlacing and other settings that even have the most basic association to framerate tested on numerous files.

I just need to know if I need to make a thread in the MadVR bugs forum/buglist, or not.

btgbullseye

Back to top Go down

No 60hz when full screen Empty Re: No 60hz when full screen

Post by Admin Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 pm

It is normal that the video is played at 30 FPS. If your screen is 60 Hz then Madvr will display each frame during 2 screen refreshes.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by btgbullseye Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Yes, except when it is in any for of window, it plays back at 60fps...

I also did a bit of further testing, and confirmed that all deinterlacing is reduced back to 30fps regardless of setting when in full screen, including the settings in LAV and ffdshow.

I guess I should mention, this is on a Lenovo G780 laptop with an Nvidia GT630m GPU. Decoders are thus:
1. LAV Video Decoder. CUVID Hardware Acceleration, all formats. No deinterlacing. RGB32, Untouched output levels, and random dithering.
2. ffdshow RAW video decoder. Everything disabled. (it's there in case I need some color correction)
3. MadVR. Smooth Motion set to On, and Always. Ordered Dithering, colored noise, change for every frame. Scaling set DXVA2, Chroma set to SoftCubic 100. Activate deinterlacing, disable source detection, force video mode, only look at pixels in the center.

btgbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Forcing RGB32 output is what may be breaking the deinterlacing. It also reduces quality due to lower quality chrome upscaling.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by btgbullseye Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:38 am

I tried letting it decide the format, and it actually causes color issues on some videos for it to be in any other colorspace, but none in RGB32. I also don't understand why it would cause color upscaling problems by being in my monitor's color space before upscaling, as opposed to after.

As for RGB32 causing problems for deinterlacing, why then does it work just fine in windowed mode?

btgbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:28 pm

If you can give a description on how the colors are wrong, plus a MediaInfo log of one of those files, then I should be able to evaluate what might be wrong.

Press Ctrl+J to enable the Onscreen Display of Madvr. That shows a lot of details about what it is doing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by btgbullseye Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Ok, looks like I made this thread for no reason... Apparently the "force video mode" setting didn't stick when I set it. Once enabled, and confirmed to stick, it works to produce 60fps in fullscreen.

Just for future reference, auto select mode disables deinterlacing in fullscreen for 23.976fps video, it needs to be forced.

Sorry to waste your time.

Last edited by btgbullseye on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry.)

btgbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Force video mode and force film mode is an override that must be activated manually each time.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum