Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder

2 posters

Go down

Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder Empty Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder

Post by PhantomF Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 am

I just installed Windows 10 Pro v1703 64-bit and using the built in Realtek high definition audio device with latest drivers available. Whenever I enable and use the LAV audio decoder for playback the windows volume mixer doesn't display any audio level for the playback application and moving the volume slider has no affect on volume. The only thing I can do is mute the audio completely. It happens in both windows media center and media player classic home cinema I've tested so far. I've tried multiple different version of LAV going back to the beginning of 2017 with no luck. If I disable LAV codec the windows built in audio codes takes over and the volume works perfect then. Is it just a compatibility issue with the sound card maybe? Everything was working great in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with this same system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PhantomF

Back to top Go down

Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder Empty Re: Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder

Post by Admin Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 pm

The only situation where the volume mixer is bypassed is when you enable bitstreaming.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder Empty Re: Unable to adjust sound volume in Windows 10 when using LAV Audio decoder

Post by PhantomF Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 pm

That was it! Had bit-streaming enabled in LAV audio options. Thanks! Very Happy

PhantomF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum