Audio time shift issues

2 posters

Go down

Audio time shift issues Empty Audio time shift issues

Post by maxoku Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:41 pm

After setting an audio time shift and jumping anywhere there is no audio for that time I've set that shift. Why it couldn't start audio immediately and it's just waiting for it?

Other problem is that I would like that the option would turn off (restart) after opening other video, cuz it won't fit there. And is there a way that MPC would remember for certain files that it should use automatically a set audio time shift or something?

maxoku

Back to top Go down

Audio time shift issues Empty Re: Audio time shift issues

Post by Admin Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Decoding resumes from the point to which you seek. Audio delay is applied after decoding.

You can manually adjust audio delay by pressing the + key on the numeric keypad. You can see the total delay in the statusbar and the OSD (which that is enabled). That value is not remembered.

You can also re-mux a file with MkvToolNix to apply a specific delay value.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maxoku Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks for the advise. Funny is one thing. Some of videos I had to use with audio shift are now played properly and don't need that anymore. I wonder if I re-mux a file that in the future would be played wrongly and have to do it again to reverse the process? ;p

maxoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Such audio issues are not very common, so if it happens with multiple files (from different origins) than it could be some kind of playback issue. Updating codecs usually fixes such things. If not, just come here and I can check what may be wrong. If the file is downloadable somewhere then I can grab it for testing.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum