Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos.

2 posters

Go down

Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos. Empty Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos.

Post by weltall Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Ok this has been happening to me with a specific set of some old FLV videos.  When I play the videos, the image keeps "breaking up" with some pink artifact looking squares all over the image, going back and forth to normal image and that. The only player that manages to correctly play these correctly, is VLC player. I honestly have tried to convert them to other formats, but the output comes with these with any converter I use, except if I re-encode them with VLC or Freemake, which I do not care for, since it adds a 3 second watermark at the beginning and end of the video.

This is how the image looks when it goes all bad.

Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos. Dzy8ylA

If it helps, these are the MediaInfo details:
MediaInfo:

I honestly installed VLC mainly for this, since I have never found anything else that MPC-HC can't play.

weltall

Back to top Go down

Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos. Empty Re: Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos.

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Can you upload one of those files for me?
http://www.sendspace.com

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos. Empty Re: Odd glitchy video with a specific set of FLV videos.

Post by weltall Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Since the time I posted the question, I tried to see if I could convert the files in some way. I happened to try anidemux and scrubbing through the video, it did not show these artifacts. After just resaving with avidemux, the video would have these only at the beginning in like the first 2-3 seconds. The rest of the video becomes clean to watch after the artifacts happen once. So I tried cutting off the first keyframe and the result video comes clean.

Either way, here you go.

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks. I will investigate.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by weltall Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 pm

You are welcome and thank you once more and all the help!

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum