MPC-HC feature requests

3 posters

Go down

MPC-HC feature requests Empty MPC-HC feature requests

Post by jasoncarswell Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:32 am

I've been using MPC-HC for a while now, yet remained silent about my wish list until now.

1. Play faster with pitch adjustment options.  So many videos are slow but informative and playing faster is like reading, but high pitched.

2. More buttons.  I'd like buttons to display/hide playlists and other features.  I'd also like displayed the speed, frame rate, frame ratio, and time remaining.

3. Save space!  Put all the information in one bar on top and one bar on bottom.  For example:
    Top = "File View Play Navigate Favorites Help" | "D:\Path\Of\Videos\Name of video.mp4" | [Minimize] [Maximize] [Close]
    Bottom = [Play Pause Stop] | [Back Back Fwd Fwd] | [Eject] | "Paused" | "06:08/12:55" [Audio] [Speaker] [Volume Bar]

4. More Playlist features, multi-select, auto-backup (there's nothing worse than having an unsaved playlist, you hit the wrong key, then hours or days worth of your playlist efforts are gone.)

5. Play videos in reverse, with sound in reverse.  I saw something where the censored it by playing it backwards and that drove me crazy with curiosity.

6. A/B sample, loop, loop-backwards, and bounce forward-backward features would be nice.  As an animator it's good to be able to repeatedly view your work to analyse it.

I use MPC-HC over all others only because it has fewer playback issues and primarily because it has one feature - to be able to take snapshots that feature the name of the video and the time stamp - surprisingly absent in all other players.  (Other things can also be added like creation date stamp.)

If this is not the proper forum for these requests please let me know. If you have other ideas, critiques, discussions, please feel free. I look forward to hearing more. Thank you for everything.
~ Jason

jasoncarswell

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC feature requests Empty Re: MPC-HC feature requests

Post by Admin Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:53 pm

The official bug tracker for MPC-HC can be found at:
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/report/9
It currently has just a few active developers, who have very little time, so to be honest there is very little chance for most feature requests to ever get implemented.

Some comments that I can give:

1. Pitch correction is already possible when using the internal audio renderer (options > playback > output). This renderer is still "in development" but it works reasonably well.

2. You can display time remaining by clicking on the elasped time. You can see frame rate and speed through Menu > View > Statistics. You can also see frame rate and other rendering details by pressing Ctrl+J.

3. You can hide certain elements during playback by pressing 1 or 2. Reset to default view by pressing 3.

5. Too complex to do with the DirectShow framework.

6. A/B repeat is a popular request. But like with most new features, it requires a developer with the ability and desire to implement it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jasoncarswell Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks for the reply.

1. I've tried various things and plugins over the years to no avail.  Sadly even now.  I changed the Options > Playback > Output > Audio Renderer to 8: Internal Audio Renderer.  Is there something else I need to do?  YES!!! Restart!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! ! !

2. Ctrl+J is a neat trick but overkill.  Statistics is a TERRIBLE waste of space, a big black bar across most of the screen, meanwhile, there's lots of grey above it.  Just sayin.

3. LOVE IT!  Another awesome trick.  This one I'll use too! (I already use F11 to toggle full screen.)

4. There is no #4.

5. ???

6. I know it was 10 or 15 years ago in various animation studios when I was working more, when I used to have some of these features.  Obviously software has advanced, maybe even forked, but I'm surprised features would be dropped.

Well I feel terrific.  I've offloaded my wish list, may the coder-Gods listen, and I've picked up a few new tricks.  I love MPC-HC and have used it every day for years and will for many more.

Thank you!
~Jason

jasoncarswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:55 pm

4. I didn't have any comments on this subject.
5. Too technical to explain.
6. MPC-HC never had such an option. Other players might have it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jasoncarswell Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:57 am

6. I'm almost certain it was MPC or Windows Media Player Classic but not MPC-HC which may not have existed yet.

While we've come a long way, my favourite media player, believe it or not, was Windows Media Player 9 (maybe 8 ).  I had everything in that data base with ratings and playlists and genres and meta data up the wazoo, and it was never slow.  That was several computers and several versions of Windows ago.

jasoncarswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Ribeiro Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:48 am

Admin wrote:The official bug tracker for MPC-HC can be found at:
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/report/9
It currently has just a few active developers, who have very little time, so to be honest there is very little chance for most feature requests to ever get implemented.

Some comments that I can give:

1. Pitch correction is already possible when using the internal audio renderer (options > playback > output). This renderer is still "in development" but it works reasonably well.

2. You can display time remaining by clicking on the elasped time. You can see frame rate and speed through Menu > View > Statistics. You can also see frame rate and other rendering details by pressing Ctrl+J.

3. You can hide certain elements during playback by pressing 1 or 2. Reset to default view by pressing 3.

5. Too complex to do with the DirectShow framework.

6. A/B repeat is a popular request. But like with most new features, it requires a developer with the ability and desire to implement it.

Excellent tricks. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to OP too for bringing this up. I was asking myself if newer features would even be still asked. It might be dead, but we might be expecting something neat from it in the future, just like @Admin said. We never know, so only time will tell. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gabriel Ribeiro
Gabriel Ribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum