Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward.

2 posters

Go down

Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward. Empty Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward.

Post by weltall Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Just yesterday I upgraded my CPU (and motherboard) from Q9400 to i5-2310 and had to install my Windows anew. After I installed the latest version, I had some annoying trouble with my playback. Whenever I would run an installation of a program, move the video window from one screen to another (I have dual monitor setup), minimize and restore the video or even at times when just surfing in pages, the video AND sound would lag. It is the first time that I heard the sound make such a noise, which is what made me check it out and I saw that doing different stuff on my PC, would make whatever plays lag.

I am on Windows 7 Home Pro 64bit and the latest version that does not give me the above problem is 12.6.0. I tested 12.6.5/7.0/7.5/8.5 and all gave me the same problem. I tried Lav and ffdshow and had the same thing. The video files I am playing are 10bit mkv files, like most of my video files are.

I want to also mention that this thing that happens when I move the MPC-HC from one screen to the other, is the same that does the KawaiiCodecPack that I normally install and uses MadVR with exclusive full screen. Just to clear that out, I have not yet installed any other pack afar from K-Lite.

weltall

Back to top Go down

Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward. Empty Re: Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward.

Post by Admin Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:39 pm

A setting that you could test:
MPC-HC options > Playback > output > Reinitialized when changing display

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward. Empty Re: Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward.

Post by weltall Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed disabling that feature removed any stuttering, not only when changing monitor, but also when doing other things too. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful week!

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:57 pm

Funny thing is that this setting was actually enabled by default in the newer version to fix occasional problems that happened in similar situations as yours. For example freezing video or the player crashing. Mostly when moving monitor or resuming from hibernate.

Was the stuttering just temporary?

Could you copy this information? That is useful for me to know in case others have similar problems.
Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log > System Information

The issue with the installation of another program is related to the "User Account Control" dialog that Windows show. By default it dims the desktop, which has an effect on video playback. This dimming can be disabled by lowering the UAC settings in Windows.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weltall Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:55 pm

The stuttering was happening depending what I was doing. Not including changing monitors, which is normal, it was happening when I tried to install programs, even tiny ones, running some programs or even surfing. With the programs it would happen only for an instant, probably when they were doing their initial load and the CPU usage would go high. With Chrome.. well I am not sure, I was just looking through pages for drivers and programs at the time.

UAC settings are always set to lowest in any computer I sit to setup, because I can't manage the constant messages when I try to install things. I can assure you UAC was turned down when I had the problems, because I do it as soon as I try to install the chipset drivers and the warning message pops up, reminding me I really want the setting turned down.

I was not really bothered by the video resetting when moving it from one screen to another, since I was used to it with MPC-BE that I use on rare occasions when I want to use MadVR. It was happening when I was doing certain things. For example installing even small programs would make it hickup and act like when watching a bad tape that makes weird sounds. I was thinking for a while it might have been the CPU I upgraded to, until I found out the older version of the pack worked fine. By the way, even surfing on Chrome with like 3 tabs open, would make the player get stuck.

I want to stress out that the Windows installation was fresh, so it might have been Windows setting itself up still? Although when checking the Task Manager, Windows  update was not doing anything and the only CPU processes were whatever I was using at the time along with the player. But I know Windows for the first days might act weird.

Here is the log you asked. I want to let you know that by now I have installed KawaiiCodecPack, so I am not sure if that changes the results here. I use KCP only for the player it comes with, but I use K-Lite for any player I might use, including my main player wich is MPC-HC.

I have no idea why it says 4GB ram. I definitely have 8GB installed, except if it reads it differently.
System Information:

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:51 pm

KCP is pretty outdated. You should not use it. If you want its player, then just install MPC-BE separately. MadVR is included with K-Lite.

If that reinitialize option solves your problem, then just keep it disabled.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weltall Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:38 pm

I use KCP, but I have it's separate parts updated, so everything on it should be almost up to date (not using the latest MPC-BE). I guess you can say I use it only because of it's "Edit Settings" part, that makes it easy to configure it, plus it is not my main player. Even though I have not tried recently to do it myself, in the past I failed to make madVR work correctly. I might give it a try again though.

Thanks again for your support and help =)

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:23 am

The madvr presets that KCP uses are very basic, so you should be able to configure that manually. I think they had a table somewhere that contained the settings. Be aware that their settings are a bit outdated as well, since madvr has gotten some new scaling algorithms.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:54 am

Video playback problem from v12.6.5 and onward. Xqhr8l

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weltall Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:10 pm

I want to thank you once more for extending a helping hand! I never imagined I could easily go in the settings through klite and configure these myself for madvr. I did what you suggested and I am extra thankful cause now I can use the latest MPC-BE that on exclusive mode has its own scrubber that does not make my screens flicker when I want to scrub! Thank you so much =) I hope you will have a wonderful week.

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 pm

There will be a madvr preset option in K-Lite later this year, with better quality presets as well. Currently madvr is still in heavy development where options change quite often, so we are waiting till things slow down a bit.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weltall Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:17 pm

As always K-Lite is very user friendly. Although thanks to you mentioning the presets, setting it up was very easy. It is perfect cause I can finally use both latest version and 64bit of the not so amazing BE player. I look forward for the day madVR settings will appear in K-Lite. I would say XySubFilter too, but I feel that is as much abandoned as KCP.

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

An alternative for XySubFilter is in development:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173573

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weltall Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Yes, I have seen that before. Who knows, it might be good enough in the future to make it in K-Lite Mega =)

weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum