Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth)

2 posters

Go down

Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth) Empty Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth)

Post by Moshk Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Dear friends, tell please, what a configuration of codecs i can use to watch well video in 4K resolution with 10-bit RGB output.
I have AMD X4 760K, 16GB of memory DDR3 2100 MHz, AMD FirePro V3900, Windows 7 64-bit, latest suitable video driver, K-Lite Codec Pack 12.3.5 Mega.
I tried any combinations of videorenderer. Best smoothness of videoplayback i got with Enchanced video Renderer (EVR custom presenter), but the video is playing a bit slower than it must be played, and i got here fragmented soundtrack with lags of the fragments. This is the clips i filmed how it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srlmQvWwT-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujgtwFCjBLA

Can i get something better or not, that's the question i need get answered. Please, help me to find the answer.

Moshk

Back to top Go down

Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth) Empty Re: Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth)

Post by Admin Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:36 pm

What is the CPU usage during playback? If it is (close to) 100% then there isn't much that you can do, since hardware acceleration isn't available for 10-bit H.264 video. The symptoms indicate that the CPU isn't fast enough.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth) Empty Re: Configuration for playback of 4K video with 10-bit color depth on a weak CPU (GPU supports 10-bit color depth)

Post by Moshk Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Admin wrote:What is the CPU usage during playback? If it is (close to) 100% then there isn't much that you can do, since hardware acceleration isn't available for 10-bit H.264 video. The symptoms indicate that the CPU isn't fast enough.

Got it. I'll check it when i will at home at weekend. Thank you very much!

Moshk

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshk Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:16 pm

I've checked the CPU usage during playback - it is almost on maximum. Everything is clear, other hardware is required.
Thanks for help!

Moshk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum