Can't run MPC-HC on Nvidia GPU when using laptop with switching graphics.

2 posters

Go down

Can't run MPC-HC on Nvidia GPU when using laptop with switching graphics. Empty Can't run MPC-HC on Nvidia GPU when using laptop with switching graphics.

Post by UnknownUser Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:22 am

Hello. I have a laptop with combination of Intel HD 5500 and Geforce 930m onboard. And for me it's not possible to make lav use CUVID, because I can't make it to use Nvidia GPU (QuickSync works fine). When I switch LAV to CUVID, it shows that active hardware accelerator is none. Nvidia control panel is not much of a help, because graphics accelerator selection for MPC-HC62.exe is grayed out and locked at integrated graphics. Is there any way i can make lav use CUVID?

UnknownUser

Back to top Go down

Can't run MPC-HC on Nvidia GPU when using laptop with switching graphics. Empty Re: Can't run MPC-HC on Nvidia GPU when using laptop with switching graphics.

Post by Admin Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log
Does it detect both the Intel and NVidia GPU?

If so, uninstall your current version and then install 12.3.0. The installer should then rename MPC-HC64.exe to MPC-HC64_nvo.exe. That should allow you to choose the GPU.

However, I don't recommend using CUVID or QuickSync. It is recommended to use DXVA2 copy-back.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum